Comments On Cities

409 Thornton

I hate the one way street there.

Tell me about it! I hate one way streest with a passion, as does my dad, hence we liek to stay away from Hamilton!

I've been to Sudbury three or four times, its a pretty neat town, that's if you like mini-putt :D

I found that there were mini-putt courses everywhere, some better than others. Also, dont go near the CP station at night! (MT0603 and M.Wright I think I told you that story already :P )

Tell me about it! I hate one way streest with a passion, as does my dad, hence we liek to stay away from Hamilton!

I've been to Sudbury three or four times, its a pretty neat town, that's if you like mini-putt :P

I found that there were mini-putt courses everywhere, some better than others. Also, dont go near the CP station at night! (MT0603 and M.Wright I think I told you that story already :D )

Don't go to NYC if you don't like one way streets. :D

Guest M. Wright

I've been to Sudbury three or four times, its a pretty neat town, that's if you like mini-putt :P

I found that there were mini-putt courses everywhere, some better than others. Also, dont go near the CP station at night! (MT0603 and M.Wright I think I told you that story already :P )

Don't go to Albert and Slater if you hate one ways. In the Glebe and mostly in Old Ottawa South at the southern most part of old Ottawa South well there are tons of one ways. But there easy to navagate.

Toronto: If it weren't for the shit transit they have (uggh...even York Region has better transit, at least it has 2 hour policy), I probably would enjoy it. I don't mind the pollution, I'm immune to health-related problems.

Vancouver: Minus the weather, my second home.

Edmonton: Haven't been there.

Calgary: Love the city. C Train rocks, Calgary Flames are my 3rd fav team.

Montreal: Probably the only city in Quebec I dare going.

New York: MY FAVOURITE CITY TO VACATION. I'll never forget the Lexy Trains (I know it's Lex, but I call it Lexy b/c it sounds cool). Missed Jess's voice so much.

Philly: Not bad, but too warm for me.

Washington: Same as Philly, too warm for me.

Atlantic City: Another city I fell in love with. Actually, I fell in love with New Jersey. Love going shopping there, no taxes!

"<ding dong> Welcome to: 77th street station. The next station is: 59th street. Thank you for riding the MTA. Please stand back of the closing doors <ding dong>"

Ah...the 6 Train...

*doors open*

This is the Manhattan bound 6 local train (I never take express).

The next stop is, Grand Central-42nd Street.

Stand clear of the closing doors please!

*ding dong, ding dong, doors close*

Damn, I want this in Toronto!!! I seriously cried when I left NYC.

what do you think of the following cites

Toronto - Love it. It's like a second home to me. Would like to move back there at some point.

Vancouver - Love it too. I live there right now, and I think I'm one of the few people that live there that doesn't hate Toronto! :P

Montreal - A beautiful city that I had a terrible first impression of when I was dragged there at the age of 10 and thrown into an all-French school knowing not one single word of French. It was nice to visit the city in later years without having to worry about that dreaded prison. Again, would like to go back again soon.

(For the Montrealers here, the school I attended was Academie Michele-Provost, could someone go there and find out if Madame Provost herself is still alive?? :o )

Calgary - A bit of a desert city, in some areas, but overall a nice city. I like the C-Train too.

Edmonton - Treated me very well the 9 days I was there this summer, which was only my second time in the city. The previous visit was two years ago on a school band trip, where I forged some lasting friendships during 3 days crammed into a bus and hotel. I have only fond memories of Edmonton and would go back anytime. :P

Ottawa - Have only visited this city once, for a weekend in 1997. I would like to go there again to check out the transit system...

Kingston - Having only ever passed through this city, I can't really comment on it fairly...

Oshawa - Closer to Toronto than I used to think. In fact, close enough that you might as well just live in Toronto. Also contains a lot of "scene kids" as observed by M. Boone.

Hamilton - Haven't seen much of it except a lot of one way streets downtown, the places the HSR charter went through the wet windows of 518206, Confederation Park... and the bridge.

Victoria - Another city I love. I learned to drive in Victoria, I had my first fishbowl ride as a transit fan in Victoria (bus #5915), met a friendly bus driver who's also an enthusiast... maybe I'll end up there in my retirement days. :o