Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

28 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Surrey literally hasn't gone a day without having 2 or 3 non-rapidbus artics running on the R1 and vice versa with the 18000s running on the 503. The only thing one can gauge out of this is for mileage balance. 

I see non-RapidBus units on the R1 all the time — such as 21005 today — but rarely do I see Surrey RapidBus units anywhere other than on the R1. I guess I just never see them?

47 minutes ago, GORDOOM said:

I see non-RapidBus units on the R1 all the time — such as 21005 today — but rarely do I see Surrey RapidBus units anywhere other than on the R1. I guess I just never see them?

They tend to prioritize the 15000s for the 503 (and occasionally the 319), and the 18000 RapidBus units for the R1. However, the reason you see 15000 artics on the R1 more often compared to RapidBuses on the 503 is due to the fact that there are around twice as much artics on the R1 compared to the 503, thus requiring more demand. Losing an artic on the 503 is less of a problem compared to the R1.

However, when it comes to 21005 and 21023, they tend to be treated like 15000s, on both the 503 and R1, with the occasional 319 appearance. Comparing the two, 21005 has made 6 503 appearances, two R1, and one 319 since the first of this month.

21023 has made thirteen 503 appearances, four R1 appearances (two of which becoming N19), and two 319 appearances since October 27th.  

17 hours ago, Express691 said:

Anyone paying attention to Twitter and the developments related to Elon Musk, the site and platform is likely to come offline in the next weekend.

TransLink related - this affects the customer service channel/live alerts feed

All tweets today are cancelled due to server difficulties. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Things got really bad between 6 and 7.  There were buses stuck all over the region; looking at TComm almost no buses were moving this evening.  The 20's were all stuck on the hill on the Victoria Diversion, 110/130/222's were all stuck on the hill on Willingdon heading south from Deer Lake Parkway, 345/502/503 were all sitting on 96 Ave between King George Blvd and Fraser Highway.  Lots of buses were stuck on the hill from Joyce Stn up to Kingsway, so Translink issued a detour for the R4 via Vanness, Boundary and Kingsway and all the detoured buses promptly got stuck on those roads.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...