Jump to content

Vancouver general sightings and notes


Enviro 500
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Transit Guy said:

Are the front roof hatches on the 2018 Novas electronically controlled by the drivers? I’m sitting in the jump seat of one now and I swear there was some kind of electronic-like sound and the hatch opened on its own.

Yes they are electronically controlled, same with the Xcelsiors with the exception of the 2012's. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

For this round of nighttime Capstan Station shuttles, it will be HTC in charge of operation. RTC is stricken with driver availability issues as far as I am aware.

All depots are.

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 503FraserHwy said:

if their running out of employees, why not just grab a few from other centres that are just not needed?

Other depots are short staffed as well.  New hires are usually distributed to the depots that need drivers and junior employees can be transferred from one depot to another if they don't have signed work and in other cases, drivers can volunteer being transferred to another depot if the need is there - but in the current situation, there are only so many people to go around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 9924 said:

Other depots are short staffed as well.  New hires are usually distributed to the depots that need drivers and junior employees can be transferred from one depot to another if they don't have signed work and in other cases, drivers can volunteer being transferred to another depot if the need is there - but in the current situation, there are only so many people to go around.

I thought all ops have to start a VTC before going to STC for say. Guess it changed now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 96 Blader Line said:

I thought all ops have to start a VTC before going to STC for say. Guess it changed now?

Normally yes, but if other depots are short staffed you could be sent to other depots right after training unless you have signed work.

Alternatively, as soon as you finish your training, you can also put your name on a holding list for another depot and be transferred when an opening presents itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A number of people I know at SFU are telling me that the 145 has tended to get standard buses rather than 60ft on weekends (and as a result, they tend to be completely jam packed as the standards just don't have the capacity. I looked just now and they even have a C40LFR on the route (I thought those buses hate hills!) while all the D60LFRs are out except 2 being run on the 150.

Anyone have any context on this???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, 8800GTX said:

A number of people I know at SFU are telling me that the 145 has tended to get standard buses rather than 60ft on weekends (and as a result, they tend to be completely jam packed as the standards just don't have the capacity. I looked just now and they even have a C40LFR on the route (I thought those buses hate hills!) while all the D60LFRs are out except 2 being run on the 150.

Anyone have any context on this???

Reduced service on weekends due to covid

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 96 Blader Line said:

Reduced service on weekends due to covid

They're still reducing service due to COVID?

AFAIK most of the system is in a back to normal state with funding support and that this doesn't necessarily affect bus type (there are many PoCo artics that could be put into service).

What I'm told is that the weekend runs on standard buses have tended to be packed at most times of day and that it's interfering with SFU Clubs' ability to host weekend events, and with UniverCity people trying to get out and about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 8800GTX said:

They're still reducing service due to COVID?

AFAIK most of the system is in a back to normal state with funding support and that this doesn't necessarily affect bus type (there are many PoCo artics that could be put into service).

What I'm told is that the weekend runs on standard buses have tended to be packed at most times of day and that it's interfering with SFU Clubs' ability to host weekend events, and with UniverCity people trying to get out and about.

I mean, the 144 and R5 exist

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, 8800GTX said:

They're still reducing service due to COVID?

AFAIK most of the system is in a back to normal state with funding support and that this doesn't necessarily affect bus type (there are many PoCo artics that could be put into service).

What I'm told is that the weekend runs on standard buses have tended to be packed at most times of day and that it's interfering with SFU Clubs' ability to host weekend events, and with UniverCity people trying to get out and about.

It was back in 2021 and still some university routes are still axed or just reduced in service, ex: 143 with standard bus trips along with the 44.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...