Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

11 hours ago, dover5949 said:

Observed today in the afternoon rush 2241 on the back of a Unitow tow truck parked SB Cambie at East 45th Ave. It's last revenue service date was June 23rd. on a 004. I also noticed some 8.5 X 11 sheets of paper taped to the front windshield as well.

It was parked at the BTC south fence for the longest time

12 hours ago, dover5949 said:

Observed today in the afternoon rush 2241 on the back of a Unitow tow truck parked SB Cambie at East 45th Ave. It's last revenue service date was June 23rd. on a 004. I also noticed some 8.5 X 11 sheets of paper taped to the front windshield as well.

12 hours ago, translink said:

Probably nothing serious. Same unit on the back of a tow truck passed me at Rupert and Broadway going West on Broadway between 3:45 and 4pm. I’m just gonna assume it came from BTC. 

If it hads doors, and four wheels, and two poles, then yes, probably not too serious. 

2 hours ago, Express691 said:

Worked yesterday but today seems to be the first of the ex-STC 17500s out on Metrotown shuttle work

Likewise there's at least one 19500 in Surrey today, possibly the first low floor operating in Surrey?

C681A1B0-593E-4518-976E-E454EC453D35.thumb.jpeg.36601cc2db7b7c879c708a581f46ed84.jpeg

(Commercial-Broadway, Expo Line inbound bay platform)

These are the plates that go between the running rails and the reaction rail on the original Expo Line. Are they being removed temporarily for other work, or is BCRTC getting rid of them?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

(Commercial-Broadway, Expo Line inbound bay platform)

These are the plates that go between the running rails and the reaction rail on the original Expo Line. Are they being removed temporarily for other work, or is BCRTC getting rid of them?

temporary because the area is involved in track maintenance these days
===============
Mk2.5s are known for shoddy audio work/scripting - this afternoon I had a train (340) which announced the Production Way terminus announcement: "This train is not in service. Do not board this train. This train is not in service."

Silliest thing I have ever heard from a mk2.5 - confused people stepped onboard and got back on the platform after hearing it.

Go Home Mk2.5, you're drunk

"This train is not in service" announcements on the Expo/Millennium line rare playing at random stations on random trains. TransLink sent out this alert:

Screenshot_20211003-104416_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0dc0e6be3b020a2453dcdc015b537d08.jpg

In addition, what appears to be an ad screen has been put up at the entrance to Broadway-City Hall station.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...