Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

Can we please stay on topic, the admins will deal with the person who’s causing nonsense. No need to be involved while he’s going to be banned anyways. @Ninja Bus Fan You will be receiving 70 units, but I’m not sure if all of them will be manufactured in Crookston on entirely.

1 hour ago, Vancouvers Trolleys said:

Saw this somewhere - be this 21002 bus really registered on T-Comm or be this a fake image? I guessing fake image! Photoshopped hoax.

3575E64E-A73D-44A1-B85F-A89436B2B576.jpeg

Pretty easy to check for yourself, if you go to the website and search for 21002. The answer is no, the model isn't set yet. Knowing Dennis it would be a miracle if that was already set so soon after the fleet numbers being confirmed, let alone before any vehicles have been in service for at least a couple weeks 😆

• Like 2

I'm not sure why or how this came about, but 18473 was on the 430 yesterday morning. It doesn't show up on the T-Comm assignment history, so I assume someone coming off a highway tripper was asked to cover. It looked like there were some standees on board, but I couldn't see much beyond the seats directly behind the wheel well. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MCW Metrobus said:

I'm not sure why or how this came about, but 18473 was on the 430 yesterday morning. It doesn't show up on the T-Comm assignment history, so I assume someone coming off a highway tripper was asked to cover. It looked like there were some standees on board, but I couldn't see much beyond the seats directly behind the wheel well. 

Don't know if it was the same bus, but there was a Nova Suburban doing the 430 yesterday (25th) afternoon for at least a couple of trips.

7 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

To be fair, the 430 is the ExpressBus after all...

• Haha 1

TransLink has leased a space inside Waterfront Station for a new Compass Customer Service office.

Also: looks like we have an RFP for Columbia Station upgrades.

TransLink seeks to retain an experienced, architect led multi-disciplinary Contractor team to provide architectural, engineering, technical design, code consulting, site feasibility assessments, urban planning and design and project management services to advise on the feasibility, constructability and other operational implications of three side-platform upgrade approaches to arrive at a preferred concept design.  Upon TransLink endorsement of a preferred concept design, the design team would then advance conceptual design of the preferred concept to a sufficient level of detail to inform a Class C Cost Estimate.   

For a section that is not travelled much, I hope they can take this chance to completely sever Production Way services from the Expo Line. We can operate just fine (at least in the summer) with single tracking through Columbia Station

• Like 2

Can double-decks on 340 detour on Ewen Ave/Boyd Street, Boundary Road, Westminster Highway if Highway 91A is closed? As these roads have powerlines crossing the street. If powerlines height is above 4.2m. Is this mean 410 has the potential to run double-deck?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kmb3asv141 said:

Can double-decks on 340 detour on Ewen Ave/Boyd Street, Boundary Road, Westminster Highway if Highway 91A is closed? As these roads have powerlines crossing the street. If powerlines height is above 4.2m. Is this mean 410 has the potential to run double-deck?

Pretty sure most power lines are at the same or greater height than traffic lights.

16 hours ago, kmb3asv141 said:

That's only half the story - Often what will also happen is that 340 buses stuck in Surrey/Delta just get sent to do a non-stop service to Scott Road Station.

During Spring 2020, there was one instance where a decker on the 301 was instructed to continue EB as a 319.

Observed today in the afternoon rush 2241 on the back of a Unitow tow truck parked SB Cambie at East 45th Ave. It's last revenue service date was June 23rd. on a 004. I also noticed some 8.5 X 11 sheets of paper taped to the front windshield as well.

38 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

Observed today in the afternoon rush 2241 on the back of a Unitow tow truck parked SB Cambie at East 45th Ave. It's last revenue service date was June 23rd. on a 004. I also noticed some 8.5 X 11 sheets of paper taped to the front windshield as well.

Probably nothing serious. Same unit on the back of a tow truck passed me at Rupert and Broadway going West on Broadway between 3:45 and 4pm. I’m just gonna assume it came from BTC. 

1 hour ago, translink said:

Probably nothing serious. Same unit on the back of a tow truck passed me at Rupert and Broadway going West on Broadway between 3:45 and 4pm. I’m just gonna assume it came from BTC. 

100% going to/from Fleet Overhaul at BTC