Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

On a wiki page it says here, that

All units had their wraps removed for the introduction of RapidBus service within the first two weeks of January 2020.

When in fact, Bus 18019 continued to has his wrap until February of this year (2021). 

I not a wiki editor, but maybe change it? (Or maybe not.)

32 minutes ago, Vancouvers Trolleys said:

On a wiki page it says here, that

When in fact, Bus 18019 continued to has his wrap until February of this year (2021). 

I not a wiki editor, but maybe change it? (Or maybe not.)

Or enable more wiki editors because there’s still outdated info throughout the TransLink pages and I am not going to mention every error and hope someone decides to correct it in two weeks.

• Haha 1

The Burrard Chinook is sporting some snazzy new colours. Pardon the poor photo; it’s the best I could do under the circumstances (taken yesterday afternoon).

45497D88-7D33-4440-9168-CF8E5EBB2B36.thumb.jpeg.6a8776cf4325c56941a96405d968bbca.jpeg

• Like 3

On 7/21/2021 at 8:04 AM, Citaro said:

The Burrard Chinook is sporting some snazzy new colours. Pardon the poor photo; it’s the best I could do under the circumstances (taken yesterday afternoon).

45497D88-7D33-4440-9168-CF8E5EBB2B36.thumb.jpeg.6a8776cf4325c56941a96405d968bbca.jpeg

Livestream announcement is set for 1pm on instagram. 

Word going around is that it's entering service for the afternoon rush.

22 minutes ago, Vancouvers Trolleys said:

Oh, right, yes. Then where be the real 9799? At BTC or in the fourth dimension?

Taking a nap while a trolley pretends to be 9799 for awhile.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Vancouvers Trolleys said:

Oh, right, yes. Then where be the real 9799? At BTC or in the fourth dimension?

It's running in service, but two buses are reporting as the same bus, so the data bounces back and forth to whichever gives the update last.

Updates at Sperling Station:

Bainbridge village
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/bainsbridge-urban-village-sperling-burnaby-lake-skytrain

Been hearing word that the longtime 50+ year tenant of the property beside Sperling Station, Saputo, is in the process of moving out of the area and into a new location in PoCo. The lease on the current land expired 3 years ago as far as I know.

The area is set to undergo a massive redevelopment.

Sperling Burnaby Lake experienced around 666,000 boardings in 2019 - a 3.3% decrease from the year prior and a rank of 51/53 stations that year.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention, I went to UBC Exchange this morning. No progress on the real-time displays but it looks like they’re doing something with the electrical wiring beneath Bay 3. Could be completely unrelated to the displays, though. Does anyone know if electrical work was done for the RapidBus displays?

3 hours ago, 8010 said:

Forgot to mention, I went to UBC Exchange this morning. No progress on the real-time displays but it looks like they’re doing something with the electrical wiring beneath Bay 3. Could be completely unrelated to the displays, though. Does anyone know if electrical work was done for the RapidBus displays?

Cant recall

=====

Speaking of Rapidbus, there were a bit more of them on the 99 today compared to other days.

8 hours ago, Express691 said:

Cant recall

=====

Speaking of Rapidbus, there were a bit more of them on the 99 today compared to other days.

And I was on one of those, 19021. Sat on one of the front seats in the priority seating area and noticed the seats don’t have that 30% extra padding they boasted about during RapidBus’ launch. You can also tell which XDE60s have been working out of Burnaby because they’re already rattly as hell.

Today when I started my shift all 41s were trolleys. Several trolleys got replacement buses because of EPU issues, the 41 was running on EPU both directions at Oakridge.

By the time my shift was finished there were only three trolleys on the 41 and about four diesels. 

• Like 1