Vancouver general sightings and notes

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you have any actual proof for anything you just posted?  Because there are some giant, dubious leaps of logic in there from the fact that there was one Nova on the 257, which replaced a broken arti

As disgusting as the responses to TranslinkKid's post have been, I'm most intrigued by the fact that a lot of you who responded negatively don't contribute to this forum in a meaningful way anyway, wh

Saw this online on Instagram: Evergreen Line commemorative Compass Card

Posted Images

From a buddy of mine: At The metrotown station east exit, the pull-down gates which close the station broke which means that the gates are still down and those exiting the station exit the faregates and then immediately through the service door to the right.

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

https://youtu.be/ibV0pSt0bhw

$1B to be split between BCF, TransLink, and BCT from what looks like Provincial and Federal Gov'ts for the restart plan. This adds to the money already funded for bailouts.

There's been talk about a Permanent Transit Fund from the Federal Government to invest more and more into Canada's public transportation infrastructure into the future in hopes of getting more people out of their cars and onto buses.

As far as the above news conference, if I'm not mistaken from the news articles I've read, that $1B is the $1B that was previously announced a few months ago, not on top of it.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Citaro said:

Not quite sure why they'd want to, considering that the 555 runs far more frequently than the 66 and is effectively nonstop between Lougheed and Carvolth. If you ask me, there's more potential extending it east, since east of Chilliwack has relatively limited transit service.

2 hours ago, Zortan said:

Not quite sure why they'd want to, considering that the 555 runs far more frequently than the 66 and is effectively nonstop between Lougheed and Carvolth. If you ask me, there's more potential extending it east, since east of Chilliwack has relatively limited transit service.

Less connections if you're connecting to SkyTrain? Well said though re: frequency.

2 minutes ago, Orcair said:

Less connections if you're connecting to SkyTrain? Well said though re: frequency.

Connections aren't necessarily a bad thing tho, like sure they can add time but the cost savings from not extending to SkyTrain could just be put towards increasing the 66's frequency, especially with expanding service hours on weekends, etc. instead of extending its length and duplicating an already popular, convenient and successful route IMO

3 hours ago, Zortan said:

Connections aren't necessarily a bad thing tho, like sure they can add time but the cost savings from not extending to SkyTrain could just be put towards increasing the 66's frequency, especially with expanding service hours on weekends, etc. instead of extending its length and duplicating an already popular, convenient and successful route IMO

6 hours ago, Zortan said:

The 66 extension is to save the non compass card holding Abbotsford and Chilliwack passengers from paying 4 different fares. They would only pay 3.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Orion6784 said:

The 66 extension is to save the non compass card holding Abbotsford and Chilliwack passengers from paying 4 different fares. They would only pay 3.

That's fair, although I'd still see a 66 frequency increase as more valuable for passengers personally

6 hours ago, VancouverTrolleybus said:

R5 to Duthie again due to snow, shuttles Duthie-SFU. Noticed it be happening every time it gets snowed.

It’s either that, or try to run the #R5 with all 40-footers. Any artic climbing Burnaby Mtn. right now will jack-knife on the way up.

• Sad 1

As of Jan. 1, 2021, TransLink’s service provider will no longer support its 2G network, which has enabled internet connectivity to LED real-time information displays at some bus stops across the region. That is why 27 LED information displays at bus stops along Main Street will be retired and removed starting Dec. 31, 2020.

Displays at Main Street–Science World Station, and additional displays at Carvolth Exchange and South Surrey Park and Ride will be replaced with newer models to continue serving these transit hubs.

https://www.translink.ca/plans-and-projects/projects/maintenance-and-repair-program/bus-projects?fbclid=IwAR0xlrEFWuULLXMbcWnR81DePUjyzqe0XARL8tW2rcsGPuZZxmJSngNfWN0#lonsdale-quay-exchange

• Sad 2