Enviro 500

Vancouver general sightings and notes

17 hours ago, Express691 said:

New West has the new displays

Down to King George, Nanaimo, Waterfront, and Burrard with the original older ones

And the ones at KG are currently non-functional.

18 hours ago, dover5949 said:

And your point is? This is not the first time they have been on the 041

Uh, I has thought that them only appear once or twice a month. I won’ts mention them again.

Platform 2 at VCC is closed until 2:30pm: Millennium Line trains either skip VCC IB platform and right to the tail tracks or do the reverse into platform 1.

Spotted 2210 being towed EB on 41st at Rhodes this afternoon at 345pm. Front & Rear doors were wide open so something to do the doors VTC unable to repair requiring it to be fixed at Burnaby Overhaul?

Expo Line: Looks like the first train to Waterfront got pushed forward (technically it cuts in so it doesnt do the full trip), a 0506 departure from Surrey Central has appeared in the scheduling data

Screenshot_20201105-052523_Maps.thumb.jpg.8ee77b24f065c46a89cb2487d1eddd23.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, briguychau said:

What's the Expo/Millennium Line headway these days at weekday peak? Is Expo at 120s or 133.333s? Millennium at 180s or 200s?

I know Millennium is something like 186s after taking a sample 2 weeks ago. (That day a spare 4-car set was assigned to Expo)

The last time I took a sample for Expo was in July and it was 123s. It was at Broadway (8:30am) where the 2-car shuttle trains were not running and the last few Mk3 had not entered service yet. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfHkZP0ZNpo

Going by PM schedule it's 133s (2 kg 1 pw)

Health crisis transit relief funding has allowed all this to happen in the first place 
=================================

22 hours ago, Express691 said:

Expo Line: Looks like the first train to Waterfront got pushed forward (technically it cuts in so it doesnt do the full trip), a 0506 departure from Surrey Central has appeared in the scheduling data

As far as I am aware there have been several minor adjustments for the first/last trains, especially for the short turn trips. Specifically
-Coquitlam Central received EB service M-F as early as 05:05
-First train WB from Edmonds M-F is now 05:18
-Short turn trains (e.g. to Lougheed) being pushed back as far as 10 minutes on Sunday.

• Thanks 1

If anyones looking for Mk1 retirements, look no further than Detroit. According to their wiki, they've already retired 2 of their 12 units. (...since 2018 which I'm late on)

These arent the first LIM-powered trains to have been retired from revenue service. Toei Transportation had long retired their original 12-000 series LIM trains built in 1991 for the Oedo line (all while acknowledging a shorter vehicle life in the first place as common practice in Japan)

• Sad 1

I had a chance to try out the new bus simulator at CMBC Training last week.

...it essentially felt like a life-sized, 180-degree surround version of Midtown Madness. Complete with the physics realism. :P 

Even the map, "Safety City", bore some similarities to both Chicago and San Francisco!

The only thing missing was the "Sleep with the fishes!" message that pops up when you end up in the water. (Don't ask...)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

...it essentially felt like a life-sized, 180-degree surround version of Midtown Madness. Complete with the physics realism. :P 

Even the map, "Safety City", bore some similarities to both Chicago and San Francisco!

The only thing missing was the "Sleep with the fishes!" message that pops up when you end up in the water. (Don't ask...)

a777642a594888893807ed78023f58c4.jpg

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

I'll bet it's similar to TriMet's simulation, aside from New Flyer parts instead of Gillig parts? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNKc-HjOBYk

Getting a bit of a shaky rollout on TransLink's new site, but that's a bit to be expected I guess. The google search for various documents (I.E. old mayor's council/board meeting minutes) leads to a 404 error. In addition, the Buzzer archives redirects into itself (I'm hoping the case isn't a full wipeout of the archives as those old issues are important to the wiki). There are also some minor changes in various URLs as well as links that do not go to the right place.

Not sure how long ago this was but there are now multilanguage versions of the yellow FACE MASKS MANDATORY signs. Lake City and 22nd are known to have them.

Is it just me or does the SkyTrain/RapidBus chime on the 190XX XDE60s have the same raspy-ish speaker quality as the D60LFs?

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but Burrard got the new platform screens for Expo Line, although they're not operational right now.

On 11/19/2020 at 2:24 PM, Express691 said:

Not sure how long ago this was but there are now multilanguage versions of the yellow FACE MASKS MANDATORY signs. Lake City and 22nd are known to have them.

saw one on the Production Way bound platform at Braid too

44 minutes ago, ThomasW97 said:

Noticed a hand sanitizer dispenser near the rear doors on 19018 

I saw them at both sets of rear doors on one of the 180XX XDE60s, not sure if they have them at the front doors though.