Enviro 500

Vancouver general sightings and notes

Probably because no one at STC cares or has time to do it.  I guarantee they have more important things to do.

Do we even need the prefixes? The shuttles don't have them and they seem to be fine, the trolleys don't need them, and since conventional buses are transferring constantly it doesn't make sense to keep the prefixes.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, mfhin said:

Question: Why are the 18's and 19's XDE60s still putting the "B" (Burnaby) on them while some of the buses are operating in HTC/PTC/STC? 

As long as it has a dest sign and a driver to drive it, life will go on

• Like 3

10 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

15012 and 15013 have been in Surrey for a good 4 years and they still have B's on them.

B probably means bus to them. Maybe some mechanics forgets it's a bus sometimes so they use "B" to let them know? What a good joke!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

As long as it has a dest sign and a driver to drive it, life will go on

Make that as long as it's a suitable bus for a given route when it's needed, life will go on. B-Line branded buses on the 145, RapidBus units in full livery on the 257, not to mention when STC ran the 301 with mostly XN40s and D40LF(R)s because they only had so many Orions that also had to run other suburban routes… Can you imagine throwing a 40' onto one of those during peak hours or even a shuttle at any time, just to keep the B-Line bus on the 99 and the RapidBuses on the routes they "belong" on?

I know this is common sense but sometimes people just forget that a bus is a bus.

40 minutes ago, Community Shuttle said:

Make that as long as it's a suitable bus for a given route when it's needed, life will go on. B-Line branded buses on the 145, RapidBus units in full livery on the 257, not to mention when STC ran the 301 with mostly XN40s and D40LF(R)s because they only had so many Orions that also had to run other suburban routes… Can you imagine throwing a 40' onto one of those during peak hours or even a shuttle at any time, just to keep the B-Line bus on the 99 and the RapidBuses on the routes they "belong" on?

I know this is common sense but sometimes people just forget that a bus is a bus.

Maybe short stocked

4 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

Maybe short stocked

Whatever the case may be, all is good as long as there can be a suitable bus to serve a route when it's needed

36 minutes ago, KINGSTER200 said:

7438 on the 33 earlier.

IMG_9032.JPG

Could you post that to the wiki, or give someone the permission to? It's a nice picture, with the Rapidbus in the background.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyingPig said:

Could you post that to the wiki, or give someone the permission to? It's a nice picture, with the Rapidbus in the background.

This photo's blurry, I have another photo of 7438 that I'll use on the wiki.

3 hours ago, KINGSTER200 said:

This photo's blurry, I have another photo of 7438 that I'll use on the wiki.

Thoughts on this one? Less snow in the foreground blurring the pic

(will put on a better watermark that's less obstructive if uploaded to wiki)

20200115_162034.jpg

Also... not sure where to put this.... I'll throw it here.

A credible source has told me that 7290 will be running tomorrow out of VTC. Take this with a grain of salt, but the aforementioned source has told me other information that's turned out to be true in the past.

Doesn't look like any E60LFRs are booked out this morning. Can't say I'm surprised considering how bad the roads were yesterday. Looks like the regular artic routes have at least some artics out right now.

5 minutes ago, Express691 said:

2020-01-19_09-03-47.thumb.jpg.ffde68d07f04169fa2b3f62fe5d28033.jpg

18001 is missing the RAPIDBUS lettering on the roof.

Not to mention the numbers are so squished

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

It doesn't have any rapidbus lettering (it should also be on the front). Did it ever have any?

4 hours ago, Express691 said:

One of the 19000s is missing one of the letters on one side, I think it might be 19007 but I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, 8010 said:

One of the 19000s is missing one of the letters on one side, I think it might be 19007 but I could be wrong.

Was the adhesive for holding the ad used a bit too much in some spots that when they pulled the ad off, those came off with it? All it takes is just a little too much adhesive in some areas to pull stuff off with it leaving much under it intact. 

Or when NFI was painting the numbers/letters on the units, they messed up? Or was the paint/lettering/numbering added on after shipping? 

• Confused 3

10 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

Was the adhesive for holding the ad used a bit too much in some spots that when they pulled the ad off, those came off with it? All it takes is just a little too much adhesive in some areas to pull stuff off with it leaving much under it intact. 

Or when NFI was painting the numbers/letters on the units, they messed up? Or was the paint/lettering/numbering added on after shipping? 

The numbers and RapidBus arent paint. They're decals.

Trains entering Production Way-University and Burquitlam now announce a connection to SFU.

something along the lines of 

“Exit here for bus connections to Simon Fraser University Burnaby Campus”

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 8010 said:

I think the last 9 on 19009 is ripped