Jump to content
Enviro 500

Vancouver general sightings and notes

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, briguychau said:

My R4 this morning had no stop announcements. It was still wrapped and had a B prefix still (it was a 180xx bus).

From what I seen today, most of the 18000’s XDE60 from HTC still wrapped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ricky0119 said:

From what I seen today, most of the 18000’s XDE60 from HTC still wrapped.

All of the 18000s that are at HTC and are/were on the R4 today are still wrapped. 19002 was also still wrapped. 19007, 19009, and 19011 were unwrapped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At most outbound stations, the Expo Line announcement changed from "This is an Expo Line train to King George/Production Way University" to "Train to King George/Production Way University" on three separate trains I was on today. Didn't pay attention at Waterfront, however at Commercial Broadway it did not change and still said "this is an Expo Line train to ..."

 

Maybe they're going to announce the line only at interchange stations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, briguychau said:

At most outbound stations, the Expo Line announcement changed from "This is an Expo Line train to King George/Production Way University" to "Train to King George/Production Way University" on three separate trains I was on today. Didn't pay attention at Waterfront, however at Commercial Broadway it did not change and still said "this is an Expo Line train to ..."

 

Maybe they're going to announce the line only at interchange stations?

The line is announced at all interchange stations, but also Granville?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Expo Line trains are now announcing the terminus inbound at all station stops... except that they’re doing it just as the doors are closing and the train is pulling out? Did someone mess up the programming?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GORDOOM said:

So Expo Line trains are now announcing the terminus inbound at all station stops... except that they’re doing it just as the doors are closing and the train is pulling out? Did someone mess up the programming?

Millennium line trains too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

So Expo Line trains are now announcing the terminus inbound at all station stops... except that they’re doing it just as the doors are closing and the train is pulling out? Did someone mess up the programming?

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

Millennium line trains too...

From what it looks like, I think they’re trying to mimic the Canada Line, although announcements are happening at inconsistent times at various stations.

For example, my eastbound Millenium Line train yesterday announced “Train to Lafarge Lake-Douglas” just after the doors closed and it started pulling out at VCC-Clark. However, at Inlet Centre, that announcement started to play before it was cut off by the doors closing/chime. 

The announcements are still different from the ones played at interchange stations ( e.g. “This is a Millenium Line train to Lafarge Lake-Douglas”).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, KINGSTER200 said:

From what it looks like, I think they’re trying to mimic the Canada Line, although announcements are happening at inconsistent times at various stations.

And inconsistent with the announcements previously made on the Expo and Millennium Lines. More importantly, destination announcements are much more useful at the platform than after the train has already left the station!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the snow falling, the Millennium Line is operating with 4 car trains. So far, there are only 2001 sets paired with other 2001 sets. Additionally, peak hour frequency has been reduced to every 6 minutes.

EDIT: 2009 MK IIs have been spotted on the Millenium at around 7:15 AM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KINGSTER200 said:

With the snow falling, the Millennium Line is operating with 4 car trains. So far, there are only 2001 sets paired with other 2001 sets. Additionally, peak hour frequency has been reduced to every 6 minutes.

Based on the fact that we got 6 mk3 trains since the last time it snowed, that isn't so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 10:17 AM, GORDOOM said:

And inconsistent with the announcements previously made on the Expo and Millennium Lines. More importantly, destination announcements are much more useful at the platform than after the train has already left the station!

My Expo Line train going downtown this morning had "train to Waterfront" announced after the doors opened, so maybe there was a bug which they fixed yesterday (Commercial—Broadway still had the full "this is an Expo Line train to Waterfront" at door open because interchange)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 8010 said:

Spot the new mistake on the transit map...

20200112_205901.png

The 41, okay wheres my prize? :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 8010 said:

Spot the new mistake on the transit map...

20200112_205901.png

Looks like whoever edits the maps saw this because now the 41 is off UBC Exchange and now there's a random gap between the 84 and 258 with the 99 next to R4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: Why are the 18's and 19's XDE60s still putting the "B" (Burnaby) on them while some of the buses are operating in HTC/PTC/STC? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mfhin said:

Question: Why are the 18's and 19's XDE60s still putting the "B" (Burnaby) on them while some of the buses are operating in HTC/PTC/STC? 

They are just slow in changing them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mfhin said:

Question: Why are the 18's and 19's XDE60s still putting the "B" (Burnaby) on them while some of the buses are operating in HTC/PTC/STC? 

15012 and 15013 have been in Surrey for a good 4 years and they still have B's on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...