Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

2 hours ago, Express691 said:

Looks like there are no more S5xx/S13xx aerotech shuttles running around in revenue service. 

As of now, all shuttles are prefix-less and the S now only means STC.

Never understood the S prefix on shuttles, considering they were all internally numbered 1xxx and 113xx. I know it meant "shuttle" on the cutaways but it meant STC on the Orion IIs, which can be considered the predecessor to the current shuttle system.

12 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

Never understood the S prefix on shuttles, considering they were all internally numbered 1xxx and 113xx. I know it meant "shuttle" on the cutaways but it meant STC on the Orion IIs, which can be considered the predecessor to the current shuttle system.

My best guess is it was originally meant as a way to distinguish between the community service shuttles and the HandyDART shuttles, using the S and T prefixes respectively. I have no idea why they specifically chose those two (maybe they had a lot of extras lying around, haha), nor can I explain why they didn't just give them different numbers. But in the new system with community shuttles as XX5XX and handydart shuttles as XX7XX they're no longer needed to distinguish.

3 hours ago, ThatBusGuy said:

My best guess is it was originally meant as a way to distinguish between the community service shuttles and the HandyDART shuttles, using the S and T prefixes respectively. I have no idea why they specifically chose those two (maybe they had a lot of extras lying around, haha), nor can I explain why they didn't just give them different numbers. But in the new system with community shuttles as XX5XX and handydart shuttles as XX7XX they're no longer needed to distinguish.

I wish they could get some sort of uniformity going on for anything below XX5XX, but I guess it's impossible with so much spillover going on (e.g. VTC Novas going from 183XX into 184XX). Everything from shuttles onward is completely uniform (WVMT conventionals under this system are XX6XX, non-revenue XX9XX as seen here, etc.)

The 222 is reinstated and running today despite not showing on Tcomm. Apparently the routes that were reinstated are not announcing the stops and only shows the terminus but they said it should be fixed by Monday. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Michael Marriott said:

According to the service change page, all routes should be back in service except the 32, 143 and 480.

"Five seasonal post-secondary routes (32, 125, 143, 258, 480), which are suspended every summer, will remain suspended until further notice."

I don't think I have to explain what's wrong with their choice of words.

I could be wrong but I thought the 179 was reintroduced in June, not May.

Anyone know if we're getting service changes in June or is that still scrapped?

22 hours ago, 8010 said:

"Five seasonal post-secondary routes (32, 125, 143, 258, 480), which are suspended every summer, will remain suspended until further notice."

Were doing a summer sign up so yes there's summer service changes. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, 8010 said:

Christ, when do they not get it wrong...

On 5/14/2020 at 2:14 PM, 8010 said:

As Phillip pointed out, new sign up is starting in the coming days and service changes come into effect June 22nd.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 9924 said:

As Phillip pointed out, new sign up is starting in the coming days and service changes come into effect June 22nd.

What's going on with the May sheet? Is it going to be implemented with modifications to include some of the reduced/cut services that are in the process of being reinstated or was it scrapped and you guys are waiting for the June sheet?

1 hour ago, 8010 said:

What's going on with the May sheet? Is it going to be implemented with modifications to include some of the reduced/cut services that are in the process of being reinstated or was it scrapped and you guys are waiting for the June sheet?

The May sheet is cancelled. We haulted signup after the news. Scrapped.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2020 at 8:51 AM, Phillip said:

The 222 is reinstated and running today despite not showing on Tcomm. Apparently the routes that were reinstated are not announcing the stops and only shows the terminus but they said it should be fixed by Monday. 

It looks like the reinstated routes are showing up on T-Comm today, I assume that means that they fixed the stop announcements on those routes as well.

Edit: Well that was short-lived.

On 5/17/2020 at 6:20 AM, 8010 said:

It looks like the reinstated routes are showing up on T-Comm today, I assume that means that they fixed the stop announcements on those routes as well.

Edit: Well that was short-lived.

Looks like it's actually fixed today.

• Like 1

Around 5:30pm yesterday (my phone died so i don't have exact time) i saw i believe it was s15006 coming off the 640. My buddy that caught it at 5:38 (idk fleet number) going to ladner he saw another one on route. 

I don't know if it's a regular sighting now because of "full" buses (coronavirus) or just regular in general?

3 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

Around 5:30pm yesterday (my phone died so i don't have exact time) i saw i believe it was s15006 coming off the 640. My buddy that caught it at 5:38 (idk fleet number) going to ladner he saw another one on route. 

I don't know if it's a regular sighting now because of "full" buses (coronavirus) or just regular in general?

I’ve seen rapidbuses (18’ or 19000’s) on 640 at least half a dozen times, they were all at night around 9 pm so I didn’t catch the exact number of the buses.

20 minutes ago, WillieTL said:

I’ve seen rapidbuses (18’ or 19000’s) on 640 at least half a dozen times, they were all at night around 9 pm so I didn’t catch the exact number of the buses.

def 18000's, Surrey doesn't have any 19000's rapidbuses for R1