Enviro 500

Vancouver general sightings and notes

6 hours ago, briguychau said:

I really wish they would change routes like the 403 Three Road, which actually goes away from No 3 Rd for half its journey.

But it serves the entire distance of 3 Road????

1 hour ago, 99.bline said:

But it serves the entire distance of 3 Road????

Yes but it I'm anywhere on Steveston trying to get to anywherr No 3, I would have to take the 403 Bridgeport Station, because the 403 Three Road goes the other way, and that's hyper confusing.

My point is, it would be better (in my opinion) if the buses are signed with their destination instead of the street they run on.

11 minutes ago, briguychau said:

My point is, it would be better (in my opinion) if the buses are signed with their destination instead of the street they run on.

Why not a route name and terminus, or otherwise indicating both the terminus and the bus’ routing to get there? We do, after all, have two-line signs on most of the fleet now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dover5949 said:

It's a PM tripper interlined with the 351. These happen al the time during AM & PM peak hours

Moreover, a year ago, this 17:12 351 trip was part of 8/480 which had an artic for the first few days of the sheet.

On 9/9/2019 at 2:20 PM, Evan Hancock said:

18459 is on the 403 for some reason

If you had been looking yesterday morning, you would have seen 18462 on a "403 TO STEVESTON & SHELL"...

• Like 2

Where is the best time pace to see/catch a short ride on a D40LF/D60LF

1 hour ago, Thomasw said:

Obviously check tcomm before doing, but:

D60LF - go to SFU and take either the 143 or 145 (chances are you'll get a D60LFR but you never know)

D40LF - I imagine you could just hang around at Surrey Central or someplace and take the first one you see

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Evan Hancock said:

Why are some trips on the 143 and 145 downgraded to 40 ft buses on weekdays? And for some reason its only ever XN40s; not C40LFRs. 2 XN40s were out on those routes today

It's because PTC doesn't have enough artics to serve the 143, 145, and 701 simultaneously, so sometimes on weekdays you'll find non-artics

As for why it's seemingly always XN40s, I have no answer there, unless maybe CMBC has done research and says they're better for hill climbing or something

If I recall, correctly from some other thread (or possibly this one), someone mentioned PTC receiving some upgrade to increase its hybrid capacity - if that's actually happening then you'll likely see non-artics until that's complete

3 minutes ago, 8010 said:

Saw a 2018 XDE60 travelling south on Oak @ 49th. Didn't catch the number and have no idea where it's going.

Probably nis to htc from ubc

1 hour ago, Community Shuttle said:

18459 being used for route training right now. Just seen taking trainees on a 412 orientation run.

There goes my overtime...

😪

On 9/16/2019 at 8:37 PM, Thomasw said:

D40LF, Surrey. D60LF, ride the 701 out of Coquitlam.

16102 making weird noise when accelerating and decelerating (especially when doing the latter) while shifting quite violently. Left brake light is also out. A supervisor has rolled up behind it but hasn't gotten out to check it out; instead he let the bus go on a 406.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Apparently when the E40LFRs and E60LFRs arrived they were equipped with AC but they were removed because they required "too much maintenance". I'm not sure if any other buses built between 2005 and 2012 had AC equipped then removed.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, 8010 said:

Apparently when the E40LFRs and E60LFRs arrived they were equipped with AC but they were removed because they required "too much maintenance". I'm not sure if any other buses built between 2005 and 2012 had AC equipped then removed.

I was told the 3300s were equipped with AC from the factory as well.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

That "information" is totally, completely and utterly 100% wrong, inaccurate and false.  The E40/60LFR's, C40LFR's and any other pre-2012 order (except the Orion V's) were not delivered with A/C, never had A/C and never had anything removed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 8010 said:

We’ve been over this time and time again. What everyone is claiming to be A/C in buses pre-2012. Is actually the drivers running the fan in the heater box in the summer. All of the rooftop boxes that we’ve seen pre-2012 non withstanding the 1998 C40LF has been just heaters/fan boxes. I swear we have this discussion at least once a year. We could probably turn it into a drinking game, with how often it comes up. 

Edit: No the 1998 C40LF did not have rear A/C either; so get that out of your heads. Just heating. 

Edited by translink
C40LF Info
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 8010 said:

Only Edmonton had their A/C units removed on their D40LFR's. May have been thinking about them. 

3 hours ago, Michael Marriott said:

That "information" is totally, completely and utterly 100% wrong, inaccurate and false.  The E40/60LFR's, C40LFR's and any other pre-2012 order (except the Orion V's) were not delivered with A/C, never had A/C and never had anything removed.

Even some drivers believe that urban myth...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I been told sometime last year the d40lfr's were delivered with ac but they took them out because they didn't want to pay to fix the ac system. I think it's a urban myth because why take them out rather than fix them. Doesn't it cost more to take them out rather than hop on and replace a part? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

I been told sometime last year the d40lfr's were delivered with ac but they took them out because they didn't want to pay to fix the ac system. I think it's a urban myth because why take them out rather than fix them. Doesn't it cost more to take them out rather than hop on and replace a part? 

That is complete and utter bollocks.

Or, as a member on this board from Quebec likes to say, oxdung.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1