Welcome to the updated CPTDB!

If you prefer an older theme, you can change it back by scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on "Theme" on the bottom right. However, you can also change the background color/image by clicking on the "photo icon" in the black bar with your username at the top of the page.

Click the X on the top right of this box to dismiss this message.

Enviro 500

Vancouver general sightings and notes

There was an emergency situation at Burnaby Central Secondary this early afternoon and 9717 was a shuttle

1 hour ago, ThomasW97 said:

There was an emergency situation at Burnaby Central Secondary this early afternoon and 9717 was a shuttle

Would you care explaining what happened and why a transit bus would be needed in this scenario

2 hours ago, Thomasw said:

Would you care explaining what happened and why a transit bus would be needed in this scenario

Could have been a number of reasons.  Without knowing the situation and it only being one bus my guess is either to take multiple students to the hospital instead of various ambulances, used for the injured to be in one central location for attention etc.

Other uses for buses in emergencies can be shelter, blockade, transport of needed personal to an incident etc.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

It would seem like an emergency event at first glance. The “Choose Your Ride” campaign has been ongoing for the past few weeks, in collaboration with various police departments, BCAS, along with TransLink. Explains why 9717 was there :)

Noticed trolley wires being re-installed right now at Nanaimo Station

However, with the ongoing construction on Nanaimo St, was curious if the #7 would stay running w/ diesels 

What we thought was the new ExpressBus livery is actually the new TransLink bus livery according to CMBC's Derek Cheung. Explains why 19303 had it. The new HTC-bound XN40s will also have it. The only thing differing Express units will be ExpressBus decals. We're pretty much going back in time here as only the Rapid units will have a special livery.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

Noticed trolley wires being re-installed right now at Nanaimo Station

However, with the ongoing construction on Nanaimo St, was curious if the #7 would stay running w/ diesels 

There are currently no wires on Nanaimo between Hastings and McGill.

2 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

What we thought was the new ExpressBus livery is actually the new TransLink bus livery according to CMBC's Derek Cheung. Explains why 19303 had it. The new HTC-bound XN40s will also have it. The only thing differing Express units will be ExpressBus decals. We're pretty much going back in time here as only the Rapid units will have a special livery.

That’s messed up. We were so close to having a standardized fleet, and now we have to start all over again. 😩

Seems to me like someone working in a cubicle somewhere is just making stupid decisions to try to prove their worth in whatever capacity they work in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

What we thought was the new ExpressBus livery is actually the new TransLink bus livery according to CMBC's Derek Cheung. Explains why 19303 had it. The new HTC-bound XN40s will also have it...

Very interesting development. I personally don't mind having light grey on the roof, but I also remember being irritated at the fact they accidentally squished the space in which to apply fleet numbers on the 2018 NovaBus LFS HEVs due to the charcoal being painted up much higher than normal.

20 minutes ago, Citaro said:

That’s messed up. We were so close to having a standardized fleet, and now we have to start all over again... 😩

Well if you look at it another way, most buses will now have a standard paint scheme going forward. The only thing telling them all apart will be decals. :P

Let’s just go back to sweep 😩

if they’re gonna add blue to the top they need to paint the roof as well, not leave it white.

4 hours ago, Translink69 said:

Let’s just go back to sweep 😩

if they’re gonna add blue to the top they need to paint the roof as well, not leave it white.

Newer Novas are wrapped and are actually painted white underneath; not sure about newer NFI or ADL. The last few orders of NFIs appear to have painted silver and/or charcoal bases and blue+yellow decals. Older Novas are painted silver with blue+yellow decals.

On 5/12/2019 at 7:09 PM, Community Shuttle said:

Should've seen that coming a long time ago, when the Translink Store opened...

Bus Ornament

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Express691 said:

S519 is among the first of the CMBC shuttles with its farebox replaced.

I like the newer one actually. (since there's no faresavers anymore) 

Any plan to do conventional busses with the fare box that does tap cards as well? Ive seen images of the same one we have in Google images while back with functionality of compass in it. (don't know if they had one as test or somewhere worldwide with same system as this)

When i see that image again i can post it here

I saw 8050 on a tow truck at 41 ave and Clarendon st going EB. I'd get a shot but I was driving my car. 

The blue is okay but come on, put a little effort into it.

NFI_Xcelsior_CHARGE_1.jpg?fit=1700,736

Have the body charcoal and the roof fairings/CNG tanks blue, looks much cleaner. It'd also be consistent with RapidBus.

6 hours ago, Meraki said:

The blue is okay but come on, put a little effort into it.

NFI_Xcelsior_CHARGE_1.jpg?fit=1700,736

Have the body charcoal and the roof fairings/CNG tanks blue, looks much cleaner. It'd also be consistent with RapidBus.

Consistency has never been TransLinks strong point. Neither has graphic design either. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Not TransLink related, but how big is YVR's bus fleet? I seem to see 6 Novabuses (5 parked, one running) when passing by JetSet while on Canada Line.

1 hour ago, Millennium2002 said:

Not TransLink related, but how big is YVR's bus fleet? I seem to see 6 Novabuses (5 parked, one running) when passing by JetSet while on Canada Line.

I've also seen a couple Cobuses (remote stand buses) and Vicinities.

If only we could take photos of them without bumping into a secure zone or otherwise looking out of place...

Appears some of the Luminator signs still have not been updated with the elimination of the C-series shuttle routes, as I just saw 7473 depart on the 616 displaying A1 MESSAGE

Not TransLink, but there's a new Van Hook double-decker sightseeing bus in town...?

I saw it on a testing run near Stanley Park several weeks ago, but didn't get my phone out in time to capture the moment.

20190531_093913.jpg

There is a new trolley wires being built on W12 th Ave from Granville to Arbutus or possibilities of further

For the new skytrain extensions to UBC closure or disruption on W broadway ???

is it permanent or temporary?

why no extension on SE marine drive from main to Victoria?