Enviro 500

Vancouver general sightings and notes

1 hour ago, greenturnedblue said:

Mk III parked at Lafarge lake tonight, blinking red lights on each end and roped off with caution tape. Anyone know why?

Screenshot_Photos_20180417-205744~2.png

From what I've seen in the past, probably training.

Just seen an unidentified 2006 C40LFR being towed westbound, along Lougheed Hwy at Holdom Street, presumably destined for BTC. 

1 hour ago, Marlow1331 said:

Just seen an unidentified 2006 C40LF being towed westbound, along Lougheed Hwy at Holdom Street, presumably destined for BTC. 

C40LFR*

and yeah Makes sense since any CNGs going to BTC needs to be towed;

2168 has been off the road since May 4 on a 007. 2174 Has been off the road since Dec 29 on a 005 & 006. Any idea what has happened to these 2? MVA's?

5 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

2168 has been off the road since May 4 on a 007. Was it involved in a mva or something?

May of what year ?  It's still April...

2 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

May of last year

OK, thanks for the clarification. Just making sure you aren't one of those alien time travelers :lol:

2 hours ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

7115 is back in service after being off the road for a couple of months. 

This happened before last year with 7115. Must've been something mechanical that had it sidelined? Glad to see what ever the issue was it was not written off.

• Like 2

The WCE may be affected due to CP Rail's strike starting this coming monday; T/L said there will be 12 units used for shuttles with half being arctics.

42 minutes ago, ThomasW97 said:

The WCE may be affected due to CP Rail's strike starting this coming monday; T/L said there will be 12 units used for shuttles with half being arctics.

I thought the strike would start this weekend; and if that proceeds, I guess they have a plan in place for the Sun-run special?

=====================================

UPDATE as of 6 hours ago, strike is postponed

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-cp-rail-strike-could-disrupt-passenger-train-service-operators-warn/

13 hours ago, dover5949 said:

This happened before last year with 7115. Must've been something mechanical that had it sidelined? Glad to see what ever the issue was it was not written off.

Maybe with her being such an old coach, she's at the bottom of the priority list for major repairs? And now the boys at Surrey TC finally had a chance to get to her?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

Maybe with her being such an old coach, she's at the bottom of the priority list for major repairs? And now the boys at Surrey TC finally had a chance to get to her?

I recall someone saying they saw it on hwy 99 going towards RTC, shortly after it stopped service, but who knows that that was about

9 hours ago, ThatBusGuy said:

I recall someone saying they saw it on hwy 99 going towards RTC, shortly after it stopped service, but who knows that that was about

Probably a test drive after something got worked on, since that sighting was just the bus on an offramp in Richmond and it was unclear where it was headed. I mean it could be possible that it was being driven to RTC as well

• Like 2

The most complete ex-CMBC Polar I've seen for sale. Most of them have their destination signs and pull cords intact, but this one still has its ad brackets and bike rack too. Fleet number S079.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/d/2004-mini-bus-for-sale/6571639004.html