Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

1 hour ago, buizelbus said:

Here's what the temporary bus stop sign looks like.

43306183342_e96e7bc2d3_h.jpgBus Stop (Temporary) by Jeff Yu, on Flickr

From a few specific instances I've seen over recent month-long periods, these signs are now being put in place when it is discovered that an error was made on a sign already put up, but the sign shop doesn't have time to print a correct one by the next day. They may be used for other things too, but that is the only occasion I've seen them so far.

4 hours ago, buizelbus said:

Here's what the temporary bus stop sign looks like.

43306183342_e96e7bc2d3_h.jpgBus Stop (Temporary) by Jeff Yu, on Flickr

Wow that’s different! I thought y’all were talking about the temp paper signs. But this is impressive! I get the lack of stop number... but at the same time... eh if it’s a temp thing it’s a temp thing. I do wish they didn’t have the part about texting bus times if they don’t have a stop number. 

3 hours ago, Large Cat said:

From a few specific instances I've seen over recent month-long periods, these signs are now being put in place when it is discovered that an error was made on a sign already put up, but the sign shop doesn't have time to print a correct one by the next day. They may be used for other things too, but that is the only occasion I've seen them so far.

Surprised they didn't cross it out and write over it with sharpie

20161205_183555.jpg

2 hours ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

Forgot to mention, but I saw 9243 BOd at Arthur Drive and 45 avenue at around 11:20 AM yesterday. It was still there at about 6:30 PM at the same location.

You do realize thats the norm for unitow right? Especially on weekends :P

Since I brought it up before, just gonna mention that the Steveston Hwy/Hwy 99 temporary sign has been replaced by a normal one. No more lack of stop number!

Speaking of signs, Delta (and maybe other places too) is already starting to get new signs with cardboard placeholder covers for the September changes, even though that's still a month and a half away.

55 minutes ago, ThatBusGuy said:

Speaking of signs, Delta (and maybe other places too) is already starting to get new signs with cardboard placeholder covers for the September changes, even though that's still a month and a half away.

A few have popped up in New West and along the 406 route as well.  They seem to be just picking random stops to do, wouldn't it make more sense to focus on one area at a time instead of all over lol.

1 hour ago, Phillip said:

I was doing the 130 and I took this picture at Phibbs Ex this evening. Can anyone point out anything out of the ordinary? ?

20180728_203555.jpg

The transit supervisor vehicle! ?

But seriously... There aren't ever supervisors there from my experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

The junkscelsior Lol

Bingo!! H16020 it was! Doing firework overload! 

1 hour ago, buizelbus said:

The transit supervisor vehicle! ?

But seriously... There aren't ever supervisors there from my experience.

HAHA! Good one! I was thinking more of the XN40 H16020! Doing firework special! Yeah who needs supervisors at Phibbs anyways since everyone is well behaved! ? 

3 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

8116 is depicting Special right now by Robson and Bidwell

1) also saw 8154 doing fireworks special tonight, similar location.

2) Oooooh my favourite ramen place is just to the north at Bidwell

2 hours ago, Phillip said:

Bingo!! H16020 it was! Doing firework overload!  

16030 also spotted on route 209 this evening

2 minutes ago, ThomasW97 said:

A bit of an oddity today: Not sure why they decided to put trolleys on the 14

Apparently they're all going to Blanca today but they're still displaying 14 UBC. Not sure what the point of doing that is.