Enviro 500

Vancouver general sightings and notes

3 minutes ago, ThomasW97 said:

As of 7:30pm, I did not see it at VTC

It could be at BTC. I did see 7301 get towed into BTC last week and 7257 is there as well. 

58 minutes ago, Express691 said:

((Next post goes to D60LF retirement thread plz ty))

((but they might not be retiring))

3 minutes ago, ThomasW97 said:

Just saw 8026 as a 99 UBC on Chancellor Blvd by Hamber Rd

Looks like due to construction, 99s are picking up 4 and 14 customers inside the trolley loop from 7-7 weekdays only. 

Alerts page has more details

I just noticed this at Metrotown this evening...... Since the 049 will not be going into the Loop at Metrotown effective Labour Day & instead will operate as a 1 way service from Metrotown Skytrain by way of Central Blvd eastbound then join up with Imperial heading WB until it reaches Willington. Since the 049 will not go SB on Willington from Central Blvd. to Imperial those stops will now be served by the 430 going to Brighouse Stn. Where as before the 1st stop after Metrotown was East 49th Ave. & Tyne Street. The new signs are up already along Willington SB with 430 Brighouse Stn on them with a note on the pole reads 430 service effective Sept 4th & 049 is discontinued on the same date. The public timetable dated Sept 4th page 47 still shows the stopping procedures unchanged which is in correct.

16 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

I just noticed this at Metrotown this evening, since the 049 will not be going into the Loop at Metrotown effective Labour Day & instead will operate as a 1 way service from Metrotown Skytrain by way of Central Blvd eastbound then join up with Imperial heading WB until it reaches Willington. Since the 049 will not go SB on Willington from Central Blvd to Imperial, those stops will now be served by the 430 going to Brighouse Stn. Before, the 1st stop after Metrotown was East 49th Ave. & Tyne Street.

The new signs are up already along Willington SB with 430 Brighouse Stn on them with a note on the pole reads 430 service effective Sept 4th & 049 is discontinued on the same date.

The public timetable dated Sept 4th page 47 still shows the stopping procedures unchanged which is incorrect.

So does that make the 430 local service in Burnaby now? It's kinda weird having the 430 serving those stops southbound and not northbound on Willingdon ext. Honestly if they're gonna use the 430 to serve those stops, at least the entire portion in Burnaby (east of Boundary Road) should be local service (which may further slow down the service.)

What's even more odd is that that corridor would be receiving less service hours and frequency going southbound than northbound (especially after the last 430)

Cue

DOES THIS BUS GO TO UBC

DOES THIS BUS GO TO CAMBIE

and so forth.

(please don't repeat jokes immediately because it gets annoying)

36 minutes ago, Express691 said:

So does that make the 430 local service in Burnaby now? It's kinda weird having the 430 serving those stops southbound and not northbound on Willingdon ext. Honestly if they're gonna use the 430 to serve those stops, at least the entire portion in Burnaby (east of Boundary Road) should be local service (which may further slow down the service.)

That will be annoying. Now my family members and their friends will complain "it's a lot slower than before" to me. 

38 minutes ago, Express691 said:

What's even more odd is that that corridor would be receiving less service hours and frequency going southbound than northbound (especially after the last 430)

They should really extend the hours.

7 hours ago, Express691 said:

Cue

DOES THIS BUS GO TO UBC

DOES THIS BUS GO TO CAMBIE

and so forth.

(please don't repeat jokes immediately because it gets annoying)

This is why I get so pissed off with Burnaby City Council. They were the ones who killed TransLink's plan for a new bus exchange surrounding the central/west entrances because they didn't want any link (even a bus-only one) between Central Blvd. and Beresford. And now they're also refusing to allow TransLink to do an on-street trolleybus loop, which means that TransLink is forced to keep the old loop (when the mall is desperate to buy it back for expansion) simply so the #19 can use it.

47 minutes ago, Stormscape said:

I'm kinda surprised TransLink can't override Burnaby City Council on this as it's a matter of regional transportation.

One would think...

Figured out the scheduling anomaly:

Turns out the 430 will NOT serve those stops. Had a walk by them just now.

Beresford has its alternative on the other side, where the 19 and 130 stop. 

The other 2 are served by the C7.

20170825_172351-1.thumb.jpg.0cd1a5b19bc2d353359c612a8524a6f3.jpg

40 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Is it normal for a mark 3 to be super jerky? Im riding train 413 right now and its having a hard time slowing down pulling into the station

Sounds like it's having some braking issues.

10 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

The news article is a bit sloppy on the journalism. "End of life?" Like... what do you mean end of life? Is the part actually rated for so-and-so many hours before failing? Is the warranty period just past? Has the manufacturer stopped making spare parts for it? Are there alternative solutions to that unit? etc. 

5 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

The news article is a bit sloppy on the journalism. "End of life?" Like... what do you mean end of life? Is the part actually rated for so-and-so many hours before failing? Is the warranty period just past? Has the manufacturer stopped making spare parts for it? Are there alternative solutions to that unit? etc. 

I think it's just CNN all over again (disclaimer: i don't think cnn is fake news but it's way to journalisty)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricky0119 said:

Saw R16136 as a training vehicle on W 49 Ave, with lots of operators on bus,probably for #49 back to RTC?

You are partially correct.  RTC saw a net increase of 73 drivers at the consolidated signup for the Sept 2017 sheet.  While some of the incoming operators had driven at RTC previously many had not and required Route training.  Those operators were given three days of route familiarization and used two buses to do it.  They all seem to be great people !!!

35 minutes ago, NotQuite said:

You are partially correct.  RTC saw a net increase of 73 drivers at the consolidated signup for the Sept 2017 sheet.  While some of the incoming operators had driven at RTC previously many had not and required Route training.  Those operators were given three days of route familiarization and used two buses to do it.  They all seem to be great people !!!

I think I saw both buses yesterday morning... First one was going sb on Hwy 99 and had "A1 MESSAGE" on the front destination sign. The other was right in front of my bus and got to Bridgeport just before I did

5 hours ago, Ricky0119 said:

Saw R16136 as a training vehicle on W 49 Ave, with lots of operators on bus,probably for #49 back to RTC?

P14014 was on Training at Lougheed yesterday as well

Saw S365 on the back of a tow truck heading nb highway 99 towards Vancouver. Not sure if it's being prepped for service, or if it's just heading to that shuttle lot near Bridgeport Station.

Some new ops (to Surrey anyway) were found on 7472 doing line training at around 12:40. They appeared to be following along line 301 at the time as the bus turned from Scott Road NB onto 84 Ave WB.