Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

Speaking of messed up, apparently some STC ops thought it was a weekday schedule today (According to a supervisor) which calumniated in a massive lineup for the 320 tonight after fireworks. I saw no sign of any extra trippers being made on the 320 outside of the Cloverdale Fairgrounds Express.

I enjoyed my 1 hour wait, however. Managed to snap a picture of the first N19 to Vancouver.

9 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Speaking of messed up, apparently some STC ops thought it was a weekday schedule today (According to a supervisor) which calumniated in a massive lineup for the 320 tonight after fireworks. I saw no sign of any extra trippers being made on the 320 outside of the Cloverdale Fairgrounds Express.

I enjoyed my 1 hour wait, however. Managed to snap a picture of the first N19 to Vancouver.

Were you on my bus, 7323?  Got into Surrey Central at about 2410.  I was chatting with some drivers at the fence across from the N19 and noticed someone take a photo of that bus.  My first thought was it was someone from this forum lol.

It was a bit of a chaotic night.  Just parked at the depot after doing a full 320 to Langley and NIS.

24 minutes ago, Brando737 said:

Were you on my bus, 7323?  Got into Surrey Central at about 2410.  I was chatting with some drivers at the fence across from the N19 and noticed someone take a photo of that bus.  My first thought was it was someone from this forum lol.

It was a bit of a chaotic night.  Just parked at the depot after doing a full 320 to Langley and NIS.

I was not on 7323. Ended up being cut off at the front of the line with my friend and his GF. We waited until 7456 showed up and got good seats. 

Yes, that was me taking a picture of the N19. Don't have a single picture of a nightbus in my collection yet so I took the chance :P

Hopefully it's not as chaotic as Celebration of Lights. When I was on that last 320, we still stopped at most of the 96 B-line stops. I think 3 NB 96s passed by between the time you left and I got on. 

I wonder if anything interesting happened in Richmond - Other than the artic shuttles to Steveston. Chris and I  (Tracked him down in White Rock) were sure one of the T.O. would trade their orion for an Artic. 

6 hours ago, Express691 said:

I was not on 7323. Ended up being cut off at the front of the line with my friend and his GF. We waited until 7456 showed up and got good seats. 

Yes, that was me taking a picture of the N19. Don't have a single picture of a nightbus in my collection yet so I took the chance :P

Hopefully it's not as chaotic as Celebration of Lights. When I was on that last 320, we still stopped at most of the 96 B-line stops. I think 3 NB 96s passed by between the time you left and I got on. 

I wonder if anything interesting happened in Richmond - Other than the artic shuttles to Steveston. Chris and I  (Tracked him down in White Rock) were sure one of the T.O. would trade their orion for an Artic. 

Not sure about you but I dont agree with you about getting not so good seats on 7456. I prefer them over the seats found on the D40LF's.

As for Richmond Canada Line was running 2 minute service after the Fireworks at Canada Place and as a passenger getting on the train after the fireworks managed to cheat my way through the crowds and got on a train faster than waiting in line to get on the train. Also noticed that all the faregates at Waterfront station were left open and that we were toold to just walk straight through and didnt need to tap our compass cards

Saw 7373 heading up Highway 99 just before the Massey Tunnel. Probably needed something urgent so they had to send it to RTC after its run on the 640.

Im on 9265 and it is running a detour on route 311 along highway 99 East of Matthews Exchange

On July 8, 2016 at 3:24 PM, 8800GTX said:

Our Mark IIIs will be testing during service hours on:

the Millennium Line on Fri (today) from 7PM-12AM

the Expo Line on Sat from 6AM-10AM and from 12PM-4PM

http://buzzer.translink.ca/2016/07/spot-the-mark-iii-testing-continues-this-weekend/

I know where I'm gonna be this weekend....

Any idea when they should enter service? 

I saw some old B-roll of Lougheed station on global news today.  It had P7438 on the 97 and all of the buses were D40LFs.  It made me wonder how much other awesome B-roll they must have shot throughout the years.  I wish it could be accessed somehow; it would be really cool.  I think I will email them asking about it.  I know other news companies have B-roll collections online.

When they did they add 410 'Railway via Richmond Centre'? I like how TransLink is trying to communicate with public about routes but they need to be more specific like 410 'Railway via Richmond Centre and Richmond - Brighouse STN' because it more specific about connections to rapid transit. 

23 minutes ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

When they did they add 410 'Railway via Richmond Centre'? I like how TransLink is trying to communicate with public about routes but they need to be more specific like 410 'Railway via Richmond Centre and Richmond - Brighouse STN' because it more specific about connections to rapid transit. 

Not sure when they added it, but I'm glad it's available.  I think more people would know Richmond Centre more than they would know Brighouse.  And having both Richmond Centre and Brighouse on the sign would be to much, signs need to be kept simple.

However, if Translink ever decided to use the option of two lines on the destination sign, that could work.  As far as I know, all current buses can do that, they just don't.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brando737 said:

Not sure when they added it, but I'm glad it's available.  I think more people would know Richmond Centre more than they would know Brighouse.  And having both Richmond Centre and Brighouse on the sign would be to much, signs need to be kept simple.

I pretty sure more Metro Vancouver residents and tourist would be more fimilar with Richmond - Brighouse since it is a terminus of Canada line so in my opinion Richmond Bridghouse would make more sense since people may know it. I would find two line signs hard to read for the elderly and people with bad eyes so only signle lines signs should be used.