Enviro 500

Vancouver general sightings and notes

It doesnt appear on the printed schedule :( (at least from the one I snatched from V9491 this morning)

Thats what it was then, if that tripper goes back to VTC via bridgeport and Oak street bridge.

(Skytrain radio broken for some reason) According to my friends coming back from Bangerz, someone had jumped onto the tracks near some station.

How often do stories circulate about people jumping on the tracks?

When I went by Langley Community shuttles base today I notice that they was a couple of plain white shuttles. Anyone know why their are plain white shuttles in Langley?

Got this in the Transit Alerts...who proofs these things anyhow???

016 Hastings leaving from UBC at 5:45pm today is cancelled. Resume service from 10 & Blanca at 5:50pm.

Wouldn't be traffic or the wind. That would not be good enough reason to dieselize. Still lots of trolleys out today. 3, 4, 5/6, 8, 9, 10, 14, 16, 20. The 17 and 19 are usually trolley. There are always a few diesel 19's on weekends.

There have been a few weekends where the 17 has been diesel, and no one really knows why.

I've just noticed that 7391 still has the old black bike rack and a question popped up in my mind, how many buses still have the old bike rack?

Also on a side note 8012 has a B prefix

^ Alright thanks

And also when I was riding 8007 this afternoon I've noticed that behind the seat at the rear door there is this black box. Also another black box on the opposite site of the one on the seat and I'm wondering what this thing is. You can kinda see it in this video I recorded of 8007 this afternoon on my IPhone 5. Sorry that the video quality isn't that great but that's the best you can get from a iPhone and its also my very first video so yea, bare with me

And also when I was riding 8007 this afternoon I've noticed that behind the seat at the rear door there is this black box. Also another black box on the opposite site of the one on the seat and I'm wondering what this thing is. You can kinda see it in this video I recorded of 8007 this afternoon on my IPhone 5. Sorry that the video quality isn't that great but that's the best you can get from a iPhone and its also my very first video so yea, bare with me

It sounds like you're describing a passenger-counter; this is a common feature on newer buses, except that it is more inconspicuous. On newer vehicles, it's hidden above the door and does not protrude out the way these 'black boxes' do; I also noticed that they (the 'black boxes') come and go as they like to put them on different vehicles.

It sounds like you're describing a passenger-counter; this is a common feature on newer buses, except that it is more inconspicuous. On newer vehicles, it's hidden above the door and does not protrude out the way these 'black boxes' do; I also noticed that they (the 'black boxes') come and go as they like to put them on different vehicles.

Ohhh, so those are passenger counters, thanks.

There was an alert for a tree on the trolley wires on University Blvd today at the start of the PM rush hour, 4's, 9's and 14's were ending at Blanca loop, with a shuttle running via Blanca, 16 Ave and Wesbrook Mall.

Apparently there are trolley wire issues in South Vancouver (maybe due to the wet heavy snow?) So far Transit Alerts mention the route 3, 8, and 16. Alerts still coming in as I type this.

So far the 2 most recent 430 from Brighouse leaving at 3:43pm on weekdays bus have had buses from what I call "Richmond-2" (The express buses). 8060 and 9239 both left Brighouse at the same time on the same type of day.

Maybe I should keep an eye out for today's 3:43 bus.

So far the 2 most recent 430 from Brighouse leaving at 3:43pm on weekdays bus have had buses from what I call "Richmond-2" (The express buses). 8060 and 9239 both left Brighouse at the same time on the same type of day.

Maybe I should keep an eye out for today's 3:43 bus.

Well 9215 is currently doing that trip