Enviro 500

Vancouver general sightings and notes

I think 8003 will be retired on a Thursday. What day of the week do you think it will be retired?

<G>

I think 8003 will be retired on a Thursday. What day of the week do you think it will be retired?

<G>

I think they will have a look at it tomorrow and decide by tuesday lol.

I think they will have a look at it tomorrow and decide by tuesday lol.

Well tomorrow is a holiday so I guess they'll have a look at it on Tuesday and decide by the end of this week.

Sorry to disrupt the Crash disciussion, but I just saw 2171 on the 20.

WAIT THey are all 40 footers today. Weird.

Cost-cutting measures?

No E60LFR's running, wonder what happened...

Perhaps they were anticipating snowfall and didn't want to deal with artic trolleys in that weather?

That is correct. A proactive measure, but apparently it is supposed to snow over night today.

That is correct. A proactive measure, but apparently it is supposed to snow over night today.

In fact its snowing right now lol, i think translink was anticipating snow today since the 135/145 had 4 novas on it

Gotta love em Surrey Girls ;)

Hey, I dated one of those a long time ago...

According to news 1130, there is a fatal bus vs car accident along KGB and 84.

I didn't know the Kremlin was involved. The Russians are coming!

Today there are no E60LFR in service on any trolley route but all the 135/145 are using 60 ft buses. Why would CMBC use 60 ft buses on SFU routes but not on trolley routes that require use of 60 ft buses?

Who knows? Who knows anything?

As for 'requiring use of artics' it wasn't very long ago that 40ft trolleys were all CMBC had. My guess is that they've simply put the artic trolleys in reserve due to the weather, as for the diesel artics, they cannot be put in reserve as easily as they run the busiest routes and there aren't enough spare 40fters to do this.

Who knows? Who knows anything?

As for 'requiring use of artics' it wasn't very long ago that 40ft trolleys were all CMBC had. My guess is that they've simply put the artic trolleys in reserve due to the weather, as for the diesel artics, they cannot be put in reserve as easily as they run the busiest routes and there aren't enough spare 40fters to do this.

Not enough 40'ers on a stat with Sunday service ????

Regards

NotQuite

135 is always busy no matter what day it is so the artics are needed. And since the weather is warming up, snow isn't a big issue. Is also easier to change to a nova if needed compared to changing trolleys.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Tomorrow is the start of something truly magical. :D SFU will begin reconstructing some of the roads leading into and out of the university; this map shows the extent of the reconstruction. For the duration of construction, this reroute will apply to the 135, 143, 144, and 145. For more information and a breakdown of the different phases of construction, check this link; construction is expected to be completed by October.

Tomorrow is the start of something truly magical. :D SFU will begin reconstructing some of the roads leading into and out of the university; this map shows the extent of the reconstruction. For the duration of construction, this reroute will apply to the 135, 143, 144, and 145. For more information and a breakdown of the different phases of construction, check this link; construction is expected to be completed by October.

It's about time they fix those sections of the road and that means no more bumpy rigidity road conditions anymore and nice smooth asphalt :D

ABOUT DAMN TIME!!! The only issue I have with that is by the time they're finished, it'll be Autumn so it'll start cracking.

- Bryan "Goggles"

Time to say goodbye to that familiar RAT-TAT-TATTATAT of loose panels. :P

So who's taking bets on:

1. how long it takes for them to (actually) finish repaving,

2. how long it takes until the pavement starts cracking again,

3. how much they jack up tuition prices at SFU :P

1. I'll say they'll finish it mid March of 2015

2. Winter of 2015/2016

3. I'll say about $3500

Also how do you post YouTube videos like that ? When ever I try I just end up posting a link, so do you just type [ youtube ] video url [ / youtube ] ?

Spotted a Nova bus going NB on oak street bridge. Doesn't 022 go south on Knight street bridge? I also saw a Nova on Bridgeport/Sweden way right at the ikea new years eve.

Spotted a Nova bus going NB on oak street bridge. Doesn't 022 go south on Knight street bridge? I also saw a Nova on Bridgeport/Sweden way right at the ikea new years eve.

Most likely training runs from VTC - as for the 022 - it terminates underneath the Knight Street Bridge next to Marine Drive. No VTC bus route crosses the Fraser River. ;-)