Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

I was on a 08 Orion today running 351 back to Bridgeport 15 minutes late

The driver bypassed steveson highway and went pedal to the metal on hwy99

We were passing cars left and right, and according to a roadside radar speed thingy, we were going in excess of 100 km/h

Btw, talkative and funny driver too

Ps, the 403 had xcelciors all day

IMO, they sound horrible and wimpy almost

I was on a 08 Orion today running 351 back to Bridgeport 15 minutes late

The driver bypassed steveson highway and went pedal to the metal on hwy99

We were passing cars left and right, and according to a roadside radar speed thingy, we were going in excess of 100 km/h

Btw, talkative and funny driver too

Yeah, I been on a 2000 NFI D60LF at 110km/h up the bus lane on Hwy 99 NB about a year ago or so, doing a 620.

Went by OTC Today. Saw a line of un-Identifyable Community shuttles (Presumably the 2005 batch)

Looking at the retirement export on Tcomm, They are presumably a line of 2005 and 2006 models.

964 Is there too and I saw a trolley there as well.

I also noticed that some of the trolleys have V prefixes above the driver side.

Went by OTC Today. Saw a line of un-Identifyable Community shuttles (Presumably the 2005 batch)

Looking at the retirement export on Tcomm, They are presumably a line of 2005 and 2006 models.

964 Is there too and I saw a trolley there as well.

I also noticed that some of the trolleys have V prefixes above the driver side.

Still the same thing as when I went couple weeks ago..

CHCK MW = Check Message Writer. Something to do with the sign programming. It's usually unit specific. Once the 'message writer' problem is resolved, then normal displays will be seen - like NIS.

Thanks , I finally know what CHCK MW means after all these years. Oh alright. Also I was at Newton Exch I've noticed some of the 99 and 06 D40LF/R buses the side destination sign it read NIS SORRY/NOT IN SERVICE than the usual SORRY/NOT IN SERVICE. I was wondering again if this is new or old stuff.

Thanks , I finally know what CHCK MW means after all these years. Oh alright. Also I was at Newton Exch I've noticed some of the 99 and 06 D40LF/R buses the side destination sign it read NIS SORRY/NOT IN SERVICE than the usual SORRY/NOT IN SERVICE. I was wondering again if this is new or old stuff.

Might be new. They are always poking around with signs.

I am talking about the text rather than the sign technology; the green was junk, seems hard to believe that was the "standard."

The flipdots were a fail. You can barely see anything even if you have 20/20 vision. But the ones on the 98 D60LFs are pretty easy to read though. Especially during the night.

I find Translink seems to be on a very slow but consistent downwards trend in vehicle display signage usability / readability. Or, I am getting old and grumpy. Also possible.

Old and Grumpy. You will sing praises of 'The Good Old Days' to anyone that will listen. I know - it's happened to me already :lol: (Change is constant - and not always for the better)

Its the 8084, Which had its engine swapped for a more powerful version of the S50. Dont know if when it was swapped back to the original engine, it makes that sound...

or if it still retains that modification to this day.

Well I remember S7269 and S7286 made that exact whine when they accelerated but they never had their engined swapped.

Another thing i noticed was in B8052, Ehere the engine would accelerate to like 2nd notch, then it starts moving after second notch. I think its a delayed movemnt start? I have no idea. Theres just something i noticed. The engine wouldnt start at the same time the bus started moving.