Enviro 500

Vancouver general sightings and notes

3 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

Do we really need a post for every one you spot? It isn't like they are rare.

Are they not rare? These are the only 3 I've ever seen. 

46 minutes ago, Translink69 said:

You do realize how big our system is right ... the 3 you’ve seen is probably like 3 out of hundreds in the system. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Translink69 said:

Surrey, Richmond, Delta, and Langley exist.

11 hours ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

You do realize how big our system is right ... the 3 you’ve seen is probably like 3 out of hundreds in the system. 

that being said, I think tracking bus stop IDs (cough TORONTO cough) goes way too far and will be a massive pain to keep updated on the wiki.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buizelbus said:

Here's what the temporary bus stop sign looks like.

43306183342_e96e7bc2d3_h.jpgBus Stop (Temporary) by Jeff Yu, on Flickr

From a few specific instances I've seen over recent month-long periods, these signs are now being put in place when it is discovered that an error was made on a sign already put up, but the sign shop doesn't have time to print a correct one by the next day. They may be used for other things too, but that is the only occasion I've seen them so far.

I don't fault them for temporary signs, but I will poke fun at the useless text to use Next Bus (with no stop number) or to contact Transit Information (with no location information.)

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, buizelbus said:

Here's what the temporary bus stop sign looks like.

43306183342_e96e7bc2d3_h.jpgBus Stop (Temporary) by Jeff Yu, on Flickr

Wow that’s different! I thought y’all were talking about the temp paper signs. But this is impressive! I get the lack of stop number... but at the same time... eh if it’s a temp thing it’s a temp thing. I do wish they didn’t have the part about texting bus times if they don’t have a stop number. 

3 hours ago, Large Cat said:

From a few specific instances I've seen over recent month-long periods, these signs are now being put in place when it is discovered that an error was made on a sign already put up, but the sign shop doesn't have time to print a correct one by the next day. They may be used for other things too, but that is the only occasion I've seen them so far.

Surprised they didn't cross it out and write over it with sharpie

20161205_183555.jpg

Just now, TranslinkKid said:

Surprised they didn't cross it out and write over it with sharpie

20161205_183555.jpg

Makes me wonder if this method is quicker, except with the routes actually printed.

2 hours ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

Forgot to mention, but I saw 9243 BOd at Arthur Drive and 45 avenue at around 11:20 AM yesterday. It was still there at about 6:30 PM at the same location.

You do realize thats the norm for unitow right? Especially on weekends :P

Since I brought it up before, just gonna mention that the Steveston Hwy/Hwy 99 temporary sign has been replaced by a normal one. No more lack of stop number!

Speaking of signs, Delta (and maybe other places too) is already starting to get new signs with cardboard placeholder covers for the September changes, even though that's still a month and a half away.

55 minutes ago, ThatBusGuy said:

Speaking of signs, Delta (and maybe other places too) is already starting to get new signs with cardboard placeholder covers for the September changes, even though that's still a month and a half away.

A few have popped up in New West and along the 406 route as well.  They seem to be just picking random stops to do, wouldn't it make more sense to focus on one area at a time instead of all over lol.