Enviro 500

Vancouver general sightings and notes

The last of the C5500s have been retired, there's a bunch of them sitting at RTC.

I thought all of them were retired by now. See garage transfer thread for more info.

I don't really know where to post this, and I know it isn't really noteworthy, but P3347 pulled into  Lougheed Station today as '14 Hastings'.

Also,

P9216 Has a White front door panel

P8099 Has a Grey rear panel on the door side, along with gray spray paint around it

2 hours ago, Dane said:

How is that speculation? You've posted the most credible source! :) 

I meant speculation as to what these cars actually are/their purpose etc etc. Now that they changed to the new ARIBA system, I guess now I gotta send in a freedom of request for more details... -.-

2 hours ago, Translink69 said:

I don't really know where to post this, and I know it isn't really noteworthy, but P3347 pulled into  Lougheed Station today as '14 Hastings'.

Also,

P9216 Has a White front door panel

P8099 Has a Grey rear panel on the door side, along with gray spray paint around it

Probably some foamers (like me during layovers) changing the sign.

42 minutes ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

Why are you changing the sign to begin with ... that’s my question. 

Just for fun (usually to take a picture)

I change it back right after I'm done, but some crazy people like to trick passengers into really believing it's a 177 Planet Ice or 98 Burrard Stn driving down the road. I don't understand why they would do that, and why the driver allowed them, but people do that.

7 minutes ago, Millennium2002 said:

All drivers of TransLink: please randomnize your signs during your breaks ;)

Remember crazy Richmond driver? 239 Grouse at Bridgeport hahaha

18 minutes ago, Millennium2002 said:

All drivers of TransLink: please randomnize your signs during your breaks ;)

About a week and a half ago someone spotted R8010 at Bridgeport displaying "555 CARVOLTH EXCH"...

9 minutes ago, buizel10 said:

Just for fun (usually to take a picture)

I change it back right after I'm done, but some crazy people like to trick passengers into really believing it's a 177 Planet Ice or 98 Burrard Stn driving down the road. I don't understand why they would do that, and why the driver allowed them, but people do that.

Do you get permission from the driver during layover to mess around with the signs ? 

I’m just wondering because a few foamers like you did shit like that a few months back and got canned by a transit police officer if I’m correct. 

26 minutes ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

Do you get permission from the driver during layover to mess around with the signs ? 

I’m just wondering because a few foamers like you did shit like that a few months back and got canned by a transit police officer if I’m correct. 

Yeah, I know a guy, who knows this guy, who knows this guy, who knows this driver, who let me and this guy touch the destination sign during her layover at Crown.

EDIT: Otherwise I wouldn't do it, why would I touch the driver controls?

imo "%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/#####################/@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@/&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&" is the best one. Some driver would always do it on layover back when I lived near Joyce station. The bus is screaming out to whoever is listening :lol:

1 hour ago, Meraki said:

imo "%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%/#####################/@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@/&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&" is the best one. Some driver would always do it on layover back when I lived near Joyce station. The bus is screaming out to whoever is listening :lol:

I wonder if that's even a specific code...

7 hours ago, buizel10 said:

I wonder if that's even a specific code...

Looks like the 'Test Pattern' and I do believe there is a specific code for it.

12 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Looks like the 'Test Pattern' and I do believe there is a specific code for it.

I wonder if the CAD/AVL unit can trigger the pattern as it changes the destination automatically at termini.

1 hour ago, Transit geek said:

I wonder if the CAD/AVL unit can trigger the pattern as it changes the destination automatically at termini.

Anything is possible.

• Like 1