Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

37 minutes ago, Vancouvers Trolleys said:

But if heat waves be “not rare” this year, why doesn’t the wiki says 410 & 340 have XDE60’s?

You need to understand that the Wiki is run on a volunteer basis, so it only gets updated when people have time. Further, XDE60s are only appearing on the 340 and 410 due to unusually high temperatures that probably (hopefully) won’t persist for much longer. Updating the Wiki with these limited occurrences would be misleading to those who are unfamiliar with our transit system as it would lead some to believe this is a more common occurrence.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Citaro said:

You need to understand that the Wiki is run on a volunteer basis, so it only gets updated when people have time. Further, XDE60s are only appearing on the 340 and 410 due to unusually high temperatures that probably (hopefully) won’t persist for much longer. Updating the Wiki with these limited occurrences would be misleading to those who are unfamiliar with our transit system as it would lead some to believe this is a more common occurrence.

Ah!

User 8010 has been permanently banned from accessing this site, as not only has he or she ignored previous warnings about off topic discussions, they have also created a second account to personally send me a message privately that is very aggressive. This behaviour will NOT be tolerated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vancouvers Trolleys said:

Saw this somewhere - be this 21002 bus really registered on T-Comm or be this a fake image? I guessing fake image! Photoshopped hoax.

3575E64E-A73D-44A1-B85F-A89436B2B576.jpeg

Pretty easy to check for yourself, if you go to the website and search for 21002. The answer is no, the model isn't set yet. Knowing Dennis it would be a miracle if that was already set so soon after the fleet numbers being confirmed, let alone before any vehicles have been in service for at least a couple weeks ?

• Like 2

I'm not sure why or how this came about, but 18473 was on the 430 yesterday morning. It doesn't show up on the T-Comm assignment history, so I assume someone coming off a highway tripper was asked to cover. It looked like there were some standees on board, but I couldn't see much beyond the seats directly behind the wheel well. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MCW Metrobus said:

I'm not sure why or how this came about, but 18473 was on the 430 yesterday morning. It doesn't show up on the T-Comm assignment history, so I assume someone coming off a highway tripper was asked to cover. It looked like there were some standees on board, but I couldn't see much beyond the seats directly behind the wheel well. 

Don't know if it was the same bus, but there was a Nova Suburban doing the 430 yesterday (25th) afternoon for at least a couple of trips.

7 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

To be fair, the 430 is the ExpressBus after all...

• Haha 1