Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

20 hours ago, 8010 said:

Not necessarily related but I found images of D60LFs used by Rutgers University, definitely not a rip-off of our old pre-refurb B-Line livery.

5A55F96C-8C1F-4589-88BA-CF5B73F23571.jpeg

Take this with a grain of salt, but I've read somewhere that this design was a generic one created by NFI and picked out of a catalogue by the customers (BCT and Academy in this case) who specified their own colours. Apparently common practice in the coach industry but less so in transit. Again, take this with a grain of salt because I've been unable to find any supporting evidence.

It could also be possible that Academy saw photos of BCT-liveried D60LFs when ordering these and requested the same design in their own colours, but this is just my speculation.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I’m fairly certain that the destination codes for the 10 haven’t been updated  to the new stacked destinations as I’ve seen a couple training trips display the standard “10 Downtown” or “10 Granville.” I hope that they forgo the stacked destination signs and update the signs similar to the Express and RapidBus routes that aren’t using stacked signs (eg. “10 Granville St/To Waterfront Stn” and “10 Granville St/To Marine Dr Stn”). IMO that’s the best way to tell people who don’t know the system very well which area the bus will primarily run along and where it’s going while being able to read the sign from a further distance away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 8010 said:

I’m fairly certain that the destination codes for the 10 haven’t been updated  to the new stacked destinations as I’ve seen a couple training trips display the standard “10 Downtown” or “10 Granville.” I hope that they forgo the stacked destination signs and update the signs similar to the Express and RapidBus routes that aren’t using stacked signs (eg. “10 Granville St/To Waterfront Stn” and “10 Granville St/To Marine Dr Stn”). IMO that’s the best way to tell people who don’t know the system very well which area the bus will primarily run along and where it’s going while being able to read the sign from a further distance away.

Agreed the stacked signs suck. Especially when you get an LFR with half the display dim, or burnt out. 

Not a huge fan of the RapidBus style either, never really understood why Destination via Main Route/Point of Interest can’t continue to be used.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

Any reason as to why 40’ were still on artic routes today? Saw 9669 on the 20 and 9563, 9678 and 16114 on the 49. I didn’t see any artics on both routes. There was no snow on the road and it was way above freezing all day.

wasn't really the case in the morning and it's not like they are/were needed anyway

The system maps are updated: Dated January 4, 2021. However because of the hack, we only have access to the physical version.

The broadway detours are shown.

All the covid-university routes are completely erased from the map.

Edit: looks to be no change compared to september according to archives

On 2/19/2021 at 6:13 PM, Express691 said:

The system maps are updated: Dated January 4, 2021. However because of the hack, we only have access to the physical version.

The broadway detours are shown.

All the covid-university routes are completely erased from the map.

Edit: looks to be no change compared to september according to archives

Physical map can be gotten at Stadium?

On 2/15/2021 at 9:42 PM, Thomasw said:

Any reason as to why 40’ were still on artic routes today? Saw 9669 on the 20 and 9563, 9678 and 16114 on the 49. I didn’t see any artics on both routes. There was no snow on the road and it was way above freezing all day.

Saturday saw about 4 60fters on the 49 after most got swapped out and those starting from the yard later in the day were put on with 40fters.  Sunday, all 49s were assigned 40fters out of the yard.   As for Monday, not sure why but I would assume that it was a precautionary measure if any 40fters were put out on the road.

On 2/15/2021 at 9:45 PM, Express691 said:

wasn't really the case in the morning and it's not like they are/were needed anyway

Right, guess every second 40fter with "Sorry Bus Full" on the 49 is more than sufficient.

• 2 weeks later...