Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

18 hours ago, 9924 said:

Same here lol.  I'm not a big "PR" kinda person anyways, so ?‍♂️?

I'm sort of a "PR" person, I like making announcements with the PA on the bus. Doing morning NB 311, 351, 352, 354, 603, 604 trips I will tell people to ring the bell if they want off at Mathews exchange and/or Steveston hwy or else we're passing it with the PA.  If I'm early at a time point I will announce how long we're waiting for. And use the PA for many other reasons, me and Crystal (automated next stop announcement) working together. ?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Phillip said:

I'm sort of a "PR" person, I like making announcements with the PA on the bus. Doing morning NB 311, 351, 352, 354, 603, 604 trips I will tell people to ring the bell if they want off at Mathews exchange and/or Steveston hwy or else we're passing it with the PA.  If I'm early at a time point I will announce how long we're waiting for. And use the PA for many other reasons, me and Crystal (automated next stop announcement) working together. ?  

Oh yeah, I use the PA quite a bit, as long as its working OK lol.   Don't like the canned announcements, to soulless and generic.  I liked the Seth ones better.  They should seriously consider getting Ryan Reynolds to do them, the current ones are like fingernails on a chalkboard ?

Was on a 41 a couple of weeks ago, every time the dude stopped he'd play some announcement, God it was just down right unpleasant.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 9924 said:

Oh yeah, I use the PA quite a bit, as long as its working OK lol.   Don't like the canned announcements, to soulless and generic.  I liked the Seth ones better.  They should seriously consider getting Ryan Reynolds to do them, the current ones are like fingernails on a chalkboard ?

Was on a 41 a couple of weeks ago, every time the dude stopped he'd play some announcement, God it was just down right unpleasant.

Agreed, and some canned announcements she talks weird or pronounce words weird. If the PA is not working (Like fallback mode) then I'll turn the heaters/ climate control off and talk with my outside voice, also I ask people to move back with the PA, never mind the canned announcement. I like my voice better than her. ?

I'll be doing the 41 in September, transferring to VTC. Looking forward to trolleys again! ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phillip said:

Agreed, and some canned announcements she talks weird or pronounce words weird.

"Entering-through-th'rear-door-is-NOT! Permitted!"

"Please move, to the rear. Of the bus!"

Or, if I'm driving the 49...

"Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus!"

???

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, MCW Metrobus said:

"Entering-through-th'rear-door-is-NOT! Permitted!"

"Please move, to the rear. Of the bus!"

Or, if I'm driving the 49...

"Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus! Please move, to the rear. Of the bus!"

???

I'm going to miss driving the 49.... ?

I'm going to be a few blocks north on 41 ave so I'm not far!! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 8010 said:

Forgot to mention that I saw a WCE train sitting at Pacific Central Station a couple days ago. Not sure how often this has happened so I don’t know if it would be considered a special sighting or not.

I believe it's relatively common, since VIA Rail does the maintenance for WCE.

• Like 1

Just now, Express691 said:

You can also add Park Royal to the facilities getting bay numbers

That's good, but to my knowledge there are only 3 bays that do anything other than unloading / layover, so I question how useful it really is tbh.

On 9/7/2020 at 4:45 PM, VancouverTrolleybus said:

Lots and lots of diesels on them 5 and 6.

21E3E20A-AE80-419F-9972-9AB2CE384E3F.jpeg

So apparently there's construction on the Grandville bridge and all trolleys must use Seymour Street instead. there are some 5 and 6 blocks that must turn right from Seymour onto Davie st and they are unable to with the trolley and hence the diesels. They said that will last till the end of October.

So today I noticed there's a temporary 41 unloading stop on Joyce Street at the station. I think they're probably going to put trolleys back on the 41 and have them unload on Joyce Street and then just turn right into the East loop to avoid having to use the power switch to turn left into the West loop since they're unable to because of construction.

• Like 2