Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

• Board Admin
3 minutes ago, Express691 said:

TransLink has put a trademark on the word "SkyBus", someone found this document on the government website. Grain of salt as to what this could really mean though

https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/viewTrademark?id=1905565&lang=eng&tab=reg&posNum=4&search=%7B

Interesting find. Maybe an express service to YVR? (Which would be odd as the Canada Line does a great job of that) 

Or maybe even Abbotsford?

Just now, A. Wong said:

Interesting find. Maybe an express service to YVR? (Which would be odd as the Canada Line does a great job of that) 

Or maybe even Abbotsford?

My guess is a possible name for the burnaby mountain (SFU) gondola, which has been brought up a lot recently. Certainly nothing confirmed of course.

• Like 1

• Board Admin
On 1/3/2020 at 2:43 PM, MCW Metrobus said:

The Community Outreach Bus (7112) is parked in the retirement line at RTC with the dead Orions.

Finally dead? Unless they are parking it there until they have it's new fate? 

95-2020. That's 25 years of it not in dead tracks. Either as compass bus, community outreach bus. 

Maybe translink should keep one of each type of bus from now on in their own museum to remember all the good ol' units from the good ol' days like trams? 

17 minutes ago, FlyingPig said:

Should Translink really be selling these units, given that they've let out all these harmful fumes?

I think all of these have already been sold, so that would answer your question. They were all in the auction lot by the Canada Line OMC in 2017 and they all disappeared by the next year. Most of them were purchased for resale by Repo.com, Landsea Tours bought a whole bunch (but then they have buses with the infamous ASTronic transmission, I think), some went out of province, and at least two went stateside. One unit that was sold (or resold) to a local operator ended up catching on fire: 

46 minutes ago, Ricky0119 said:

From what I seen today, most of the 18000’s XDE60 from HTC still wrapped.

All of the 18000s that are at HTC and are/were on the R4 today are still wrapped. 19002 was also still wrapped. 19007, 19009, and 19011 were unwrapped.

At most outbound stations, the Expo Line announcement changed from "This is an Expo Line train to King George/Production Way University" to "Train to King George/Production Way University" on three separate trains I was on today. Didn't pay attention at Waterfront, however at Commercial Broadway it did not change and still said "this is an Expo Line train to ..."

Maybe they're going to announce the line only at interchange stations?

12 minutes ago, briguychau said:

At most outbound stations, the Expo Line announcement changed from "This is an Expo Line train to King George/Production Way University" to "Train to King George/Production Way University" on three separate trains I was on today. Didn't pay attention at Waterfront, however at Commercial Broadway it did not change and still said "this is an Expo Line train to ..."

Maybe they're going to announce the line only at interchange stations?

The line is announced at all interchange stations, but also Granville?