Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

3 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

18461, a suburban Nova, spotted on the 22 Knight just now. TComm says it might even be an all-day block. What on earth is going on...

I passed 18461 on Knight St this morning, yes it's on the 22. And 16115 is on the 49. I think the maintenance overtime ban would explain it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, owo transit fan said:

RapidBus posts are now popping up along 41st Avenue. I don't have a picture of one, however, everything is covered up with stickers saying "RapidBus coming 2020." Some are at a slightly different location than their current stop, such as WB 41st t Fraser, where it is a little bit ahead of the current stop. 

Rapidbus posts also spotted on wesbrook at thunderbird, ubc hospital, and ubc loop

5 minutes ago, jmward said:

Rapidbus posts also spotted on wesbrook at thunderbird, ubc hospital, and ubc loop

While we’re on thar subject, a couple days ago I saw sidewalk ripped up with plywood overtop at EB 104th @ Whalley, in such a way that looked like preparation for RapidBus infrastructure installation.

1 hour ago, briguychau said:

Noticed they covered up the lighted map on 311/312 with a printed version, perhaps the RapidBus version is underneath already.

IMG_20191206_101952.jpg

I've seen that on a whole bunch of 300s now, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's covering the RapidBus version. Seems unlikely all the signs on multiple trains would break all at once lol

6 hours ago, ThatBusGuy said:

I've seen that on a whole bunch of 300s now, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's covering the RapidBus version. Seems unlikely all the signs on multiple trains would break all at once lol

It’s obvious it’s in preparation for RapidBus lol. The ‘Evergreen Extension’ portion of the M-Line has been removed.

1 hour ago, FlyingPig said:

SorryBusFull is showing two conventionals (7495, 18175) on the 337 today, but TComm is showing all shuttles (17515, 17522, 17530). Which do we trust? Has anyone seen a 40' on the 337 physically yet?

It's a weekend morning thing, I believe they're swapped out mid-late morning when the demand is lower.