Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

28 minutes ago, Express691 said:

To co-incide with the Rapidbus rollout, the SkyTrain next station announcements for Burrard, Coquitlam Central, Surrey Central, Joyce, Oakridge 41st, and King George are going to be updated to mention their respective RB routes and replace their perspective B-Lines if need be.

Waterfront as well, with the Canada Line connection to the 95/R5

22 hours ago, Express691 said:

To co-incide with the Rapidbus rollout, the SkyTrain next station announcements for Burrard, Coquitlam Central, Surrey Central, Joyce, Oakridge 41st, and King George are going to be updated to mention their respective RB routes and replace their perspective B-Lines if need be.

I'm still a bit confused they haven't made announcements for Granville and Vancouver City Centre stations saying "exit here for bus connections to Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal."

29 minutes ago, Michael Marriott said:

The signage for the invound 246 has been changed from "246 Vancouver" to "246 Downtown".  No other North Shore routes seem to have been updated, so it seems this change was slipped in as part of the 246/249 split.

A subtle change that will most likely start appearing on other route destination signs soon, I guess we'll find out in January if this is true when the 240 is extended to Lynn Valley Centre.

4 hours ago, 8010 said:

A subtle change that will most likely start appearing on other route destination signs soon, I guess we'll find out in January if this is true when the 240 is extended to Lynn Valley Centre.

The sign codes for the other routes having a '2xx DOWNTOWN' headsign are 1853-1859.

The old, and very long lived Vancouver / Downtown / Burrard St essentially meaning the same thing was always an odd Vancouver transit thing from the BC Transit era. I suppose with all the changes to routes into Vancouver with Canada Line / M Line and the forthcoming RapidBus replacement of the 95 the North Shore routes were the last vestage of 'Vancouver'! 

Will the 21X and 25X change as well I wonder? Does West Van control its own route naming convention?

1 hour ago, 99.bline said:

But it serves the entire distance of 3 Road????

Yes but it I'm anywhere on Steveston trying to get to anywherr No 3, I would have to take the 403 Bridgeport Station, because the 403 Three Road goes the other way, and that's hyper confusing.

My point is, it would be better (in my opinion) if the buses are signed with their destination instead of the street they run on.

11 minutes ago, briguychau said:

My point is, it would be better (in my opinion) if the buses are signed with their destination instead of the street they run on.

Why not a route name and terminus, or otherwise indicating both the terminus and the bus’ routing to get there? We do, after all, have two-line signs on most of the fleet now.

• Like 1