Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

3 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

This could've gone into the more appropriate Tcomm thread, but thanks for the mention nonetheless:)

Why the criticism? This is general information about the system's operation, so what's wrong with putting it here? Most posts on TComm thread seem to be about specific buses, runs etc.  Returning the 4 and 7 to trolley operation is a much wider event and IMHO can rightly be called "general" and go in this thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, UpLift Vancouver said:

Spotted an unidentified D40LFR in the HTC B/O track, most likely there for some sort of maintenance.

20190619_173918.thumb.jpg.1b64fcac18850b7ea7b5b57e70ff6ffa.jpg

My question is... what is that 80's truck parked 2nd to the far right? And what's its purpose? I've never seen that before. 

2 minutes ago, Community Shuttle said:

@Enviro 500 posted on Facebook that VTC will be getting 12 XDE60s to run the 3, 8, 10 and 20. I'm posting this here because I'm not sure if they'll be transferred or new.

What’s this going to do to the utilization of E40LFRs? Or have the last few years’ service increases soaked up all the excess?

1 minute ago, GORDOOM said:

What’s this going to do to the utilization of E40LFRs? Or have the last few years’ service increases soaked up all the excess?

These are potentially good for fireworks shuttles. Also they want to start refurbishing the E60LFR/kick it up a notch

Arguably they'll be less common on the 10 than they will be on 3/8/20