Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

31 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Wrong. 

And it's too late now to research which bus suffered from it.

Not worth making a fuss over something that happens at least once every few days

If I may ask an actual question here, can a municipality legally ban certain types of busses?

Obviously the 257 with artics isn't going anywhere, but would it be (theoretically) possible?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matt Dunlop said:

If anybody happens to watch tonight's episode of The Simpsons, in the middle of the episode there is a Translink New Flyer Xcelsior. 

Please delete if this is the wrong thread. 

20190428_171854.jpg

That's just a generic bus with a generic livery. Headlights are xcelsior. I see a bit of fishbowl. The badge looks vaguely like Daewoo's. Other than that it's just a bus.

48 minutes ago, Community Shuttle said:

That's just a generic bus with a generic livery. Headlights are xcelsior. I see a bit of fishbowl. The badge looks vaguely like Daewoo's. Other than that it's just a bus.

Xcelsior headlights and TransLink's livery for sure. Looks like it has full roof fairings? 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

21:15ish, a train in front of me was short-turned to Edmonds. Dont know if that was a scheduled run or if it was an operational delay.

In broader terms, it seems like frequencies have gone up on the Expo line: it's more noticeable in non-peak hours.

1 hour ago, ThomasW97 said:

There was an emergency situation at Burnaby Central Secondary this early afternoon and 9717 was a shuttle

Would you care explaining what happened and why a transit bus would be needed in this scenario

2 hours ago, Thomasw said:

Would you care explaining what happened and why a transit bus would be needed in this scenario

Could have been a number of reasons.  Without knowing the situation and it only being one bus my guess is either to take multiple students to the hospital instead of various ambulances, used for the injured to be in one central location for attention etc.

Other uses for buses in emergencies can be shelter, blockade, transport of needed personal to an incident etc.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

There was an emergency situation at Burnaby Central Secondary this early afternoon and 9717 was a shuttle

It would seem like an emergency event at first glance. The “Choose Your Ride” campaign has been ongoing for the past few weeks, in collaboration with various police departments, BCAS, along with TransLink. Explains why 9717 was there :)