Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

48 minutes ago, 8010 said:

By the looks of it construction at 22nd Street Station loop is going to happen soon, there are a few "Limited Service" bus stops put up just West of the existing bus loop.

It was supposed to have started on the 3rd this month, they just finished putting fences around trees last friday

5 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

There's a shuttle thread although it may be dead if no one's replying

5 hours ago, 99.bline said:

Oh my God people just find a place for it already ???

Come on, people. I already told @FlyingPig that he can post his sightings here until a thread gets spun up specifically for shuttle sightings and/or deliveries...

Unfortunately the recent conversation in the Transit Service Discussion thread got truncated by the mods, but let's just leave it at that, okay?

Part of me feels like we need a broader conversation about how this sub-forum should be run... as people have come and gone, things have been getting more and more inconsistent from one day to the next...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

Come on, people. I already told @FlyingPig that he can post his sightings here until a thread gets spun up specifically for shuttle sightings and/or deliveries...

Unfortunately the recent conversation in the Transit Service Discussion thread got truncated by the mods, but let's just leave it at that, okay?

Part of me feels like we need a broader conversation about how this sub-forum should be run... as people have come and gone, things have been getting more and more inconsistent from one day to the next...

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Question: does anyone have pics of the new shuttle fare-boxes? Just curious.

EDIT: Oh wait, they just talked about it in their board meeting. It's making me nostalgic already.... But on a more serious note, if we're running out of electronic fareboxes, maybe now is a good time to find a replacement for all of them?

39 minutes ago, Millennium2002 said:

Question: does anyone have pics of the new shuttle fare-boxes? Just curious.

EDIT: Oh wait, they just talked about it in their board meeting. It's making me nostalgic already.... But on a more serious note, if we're running out of electronic fareboxes, maybe now is a good time to find a replacement for all of them?

I think it was mentioned in one of the board meetings last year that they are already looking into a complete farebox replacement.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

Question: have they started stringing wires for the Broadway SkyTrain re-routes? Walked to Granville and 12th and only saw pole bases in place.

There are a pair of wires hanging from pole to pole on the south side of 12th between Arbutus and Burrard

45 minutes ago, SkyTrain said:

Just noticed 9262 and 9272 have a sticker above the gear selector stating "Check transmission level manually." 

Sounds like they're on their last legs

think that 9272 has been a repeat offender for transmission problems. I remember one night in the fall, coming out of Tsawwassen on a 601, the bus downshifted so hard that I thought we had been rear-ended. It did the same thing again on Ladner Trunk road just after making the turn off Arthur Drive. Then, after leaving Ladner Exchange, it wouldn't shift out of first gear going up Harvest Drive! From what I was told later, it wasn't the first time this had happened, and then another driver reported the same thing a week or two later.

• 2 weeks later...

9723 is on the 257 today, I guess West Van is planning to ban articulated buses in their city; so I predict the 257 will go back to them by September, and will no longer use articulated buses; perhaps they'll re-acquire 9797-9799, as 801-803, as well as 9789-9791 as 804-806. Or they might just not acquire anything in favour of the 253 and 254 switching to shuttles.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Evan Hancock said:

9723 is on the 257 today, 

-snip-

Or maybe because someone in bookouts screwed up. Should be swapped out this afternoon for people travelling for the long weekend. The only way that'll stay on the 257 is if they send out an OL trip.

Update: Nope. Artic had a coolant leak

2nd update: 8142 swapped out 9723

1 hour ago, Evan Hancock said:

9723 is on the 257 today, I guess West Van is planning to ban articulated buses in their city; so I predict the 257 will go back to them by September, and will no longer use articulated buses; perhaps they'll re-acquire 9797-9799, as 801-803, as well as 9789-9791 as 804-806. Or they might just not acquire anything in favour of the 253 and 254 switching to shuttles.

Do you have any actual proof for anything you just posted?  Because there are some giant, dubious leaps of logic in there from the fact that there was one Nova on the 257, which replaced a broken artic and has since has been changed off for another artic.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1