Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

37 minutes ago, ThomasW97 said:

Not sure if a change is imminent, but its odd that t/l is keeping the 410 "railway", even though it goes nowhere near there anymore.

Block info on tcomm displays it as 410 Brighouse Stn even tho the apparent display still hasn't changed. Hopefully they fix that soon. Not the first time there's been weird sign stuff happening around changes - I think when the 733/741 were first introduced, one of them displayed "Scottsdale Exchange" as its destination ?

3 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

Not sure if a change is imminent, but its odd that t/l is keeping the 410 "railway", even though it goes nowhere near there anymore.

It is going to be fixed ASAP.  Not sure why it's happening, but ops are changing the signs manually so the bus will display the correct destination.

Just spotted 9644 on the 43 

I thought this was suppose to be an artic only route.

What is going on?

Is BTC having a small artic shortage because they took over the 257 which need at least about 4-6 artic during peak and they only took over 3 artics and three novas which they can't put on the 257 because they promised that it would be an artic only route so they are about 2-4 artics short or are many artics in the garage getting maintenance or their midlife refurbishment/ rebuilt???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomasw said:

What is going on?

Is BTC having a small artic shortage because they took over the 257 which need at least about 4-6 artic during peak and they only took over 3 artics and three novas which they can't put on the 257 because they promised that it would be an artic only route so they are about 2-4 artics short or are many artics in the garage getting maintenance or their midlife refurbishment/ rebuilt???

The 43 has had 40' trips every winter for the last few years, I think.

2 hours ago, Thomasw said:

What is going on?

They added bunch more service on the 43 and a few trips on the 145... Yesterday 9609 and 9753 made appearances on the 043. No artics added to BTC fleet aside from 8102-8104. RTC on the other hand has 4 more buses since July with 8030, 8003, 8011, 8022.

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

They added bunch more service on the 43 and a few trips on the 145... Yesterday 9609 and 9753 made appearances on the 043. No artics added to BTC fleet aside from 8102-8104. RTC on the other hand has 4 more buses since July with 8030, 8003, 8011, 8022.

But I don't understand why Translink would add service on this route when there's isn't enough equipment forcing BTC to use about 2 Novas a day when they could be using one artic instead

On the other hand, why did RTC reactivate/get 4 old D60LFs, has RTC added service on the 49 or the 620?

2 hours ago, Thomasw said:

But I don't understand why Translink would add service on this route when there's isn't enough equipment forcing BTC to use about 2 Novas a day when they could be using one artic instead

On the other hand, why did RTC reactivate/get 4 old D60LFs, has RTC added service on the 49 or the 620?

Artics on the 430 and other (non-620) suburban routes may explain this

9 hours ago, Thomasw said:

An artic is 1.5 times the size of a regular bus, so 2 Novas would be higher capacity than 1 artic.  Also, your logic is very suspect, given that the two Novas on the 43 were not on sequential runs, and could hardly be merged into one trip.

As for why the service was added, the route is busy and using 40 foot buses for a couple of trippers is better than not providing the extra service.  

• Like 2

R12011 was having some issues with its fare box today

On my way from UBC to Larch the fare box spit 6 tickets without to operator even asking for them after the sixth one came out to operator got pissed and hit the little fare box controller screen and after that it didn't spit out anymore tickets.

I guess that farebox has a mind of its own and all it needed was some discipline, LOL ? 

4 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

R12011 was having some issues with its fare box today

On my way from UBC to Larch the fare box spit 6 tickets without to operator even asking for them after the sixth one came out to operator got pissed and hit the little fare box controller screen and after that it didn't spit out anymore tickets.

I guess that farebox has a mind of its own and all it needed was some discipline, LOL ? 

Those fareboxes are so old anyways lol. I thought they were taking them out when the Compass card readers were put in? 

• Like 1

There is a D40LF parked in the VPD Tactical Training Centre (next to VCC-Clark station); it is visible from the Expo Line whilst traveling eastbound. I was not able to identify it, but I do recall it had a large “S” prefix in the rear window (I think it was numbered in the 7200 range).

19 minutes ago, Citaro said:

There is a D40LF parked in the VPD Tactical Training Centre (next to VCC-Clark station); it is visible from the Expo Line whilst traveling eastbound. I was not able to identify it, but I do recall it had a large “S” prefix in the rear window (I think it was numbered in the 7200 range).

That's 7254; it's been there for around a week now. Crappy shot of it

20180906_175528.thumb.jpg.5b7c992c93c489a9fa9f69aebd859cc9.jpg

• Thanks 1