Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

2 hours ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

7115 is back in service after being off the road for a couple of months. 

This happened before last year with 7115. Must've been something mechanical that had it sidelined? Glad to see what ever the issue was it was not written off.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ThomasW97 said:

The WCE may be affected due to CP Rail's strike starting this coming monday; T/L said there will be 12 units used for shuttles with half being arctics.

I thought the strike would start this weekend; and if that proceeds, I guess they have a plan in place for the Sun-run special?

=====================================

UPDATE as of 6 hours ago, strike is postponed

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-cp-rail-strike-could-disrupt-passenger-train-service-operators-warn/

13 hours ago, dover5949 said:

This happened before last year with 7115. Must've been something mechanical that had it sidelined? Glad to see what ever the issue was it was not written off.

Maybe with her being such an old coach, she's at the bottom of the priority list for major repairs? And now the boys at Surrey TC finally had a chance to get to her?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

Maybe with her being such an old coach, she's at the bottom of the priority list for major repairs? And now the boys at Surrey TC finally had a chance to get to her?

I recall someone saying they saw it on hwy 99 going towards RTC, shortly after it stopped service, but who knows that that was about

9 hours ago, ThatBusGuy said:

I recall someone saying they saw it on hwy 99 going towards RTC, shortly after it stopped service, but who knows that that was about

Probably a test drive after something got worked on, since that sighting was just the bus on an offramp in Richmond and it was unclear where it was headed. I mean it could be possible that it was being driven to RTC as well

• Like 2

This afternoon had quite a backlog of trains departing downtown on the Expo Line at around 5:10-ish. From what I saw, train 148 sent NIS to King George due to running ostensibly late for whatever reason (it had a yellow indicator light on). I had initially thought that it had a mechanical problem. 

The following 6 or so trains ended up bunching up on their way outbound.

Someone please let me know if I am missing something:

Comparing school trippers between 335 and 701 during the PM peak:

335:
1) Start at 91st @ 152nd. Then via 152, 88, 148, 84th, 156th, 80th, 160th, Reg. Rte to Surrey Central (A remnant of former 335 service to Fleetwood)
2) Start at 160th and 88th, Reg. Rte to Surrey Central
3) Surrey Central to Newton via Fleetwood Park Secondary (160th, 80th, 156th, 84th)

701:
1) Start from Archbishop Carney, go to Coquitlam Station
2) Dewdney Trunk at 248th to Haney Place, NIS to Carvolth, 555

So does the 335 take the cake for the most school specials during the PM peak on one route?

My wife and I went to Spanish Banks yesterday, and the shuttle displayed C19 instead of 42. A couple of people who boarded with us were phoning their friends, telling them they were waiting for a "42" but couldn't find it. Another of their friends was waiting on 4th at Alma, but didn't board, presumably for the same reason.

I tweeted @translink about it, and this is part of their reply: "We've advised Transit Control and it appears to be a programming issue. It will still have the proper destination sign [eg. Spanish Banks], but will be a bit confusing in the meantime until it can be resolved."

Shouldn't the 42 route number have been programmed when the number change was announced? Also keep in mind that yesterday was the first day of operation for the 42 this season, so there was about an additional month to program the signs.

Anyone else notice that with any other route number change that's been recently announced?

• Like 1