Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

1 minute ago, ThatBusGuy said:

I think that's the D30LF that does Bowen Island runs, right?

Just now, Ninja Bus Fan said:

7026 is the Bowen Island shuttle D30LF that runs between Downtown and Bowen Island.

Oh, that's why I was confused.

(maybe say that next time)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

It has never been this noticeable, but SkyTrain has been having trouble with next station announcements since yesterday evening.

I guess you could say the announcement voice came down with an illness (sad react only)

It's been an issue for EB Expo Line Passengers around New West/Columbia

2 hours ago, ThatBusGuy said:

For those who don't know, Translink launched their online store today: https://translinkstore.ca/

At long last, I can actually give people suggestions for things I want for Christmas :D

I am oddly bothered by the fact that TransLink is now selling consumer goods... I mean... We're not like the transit agencies of London or NYC that have tons of history or design cues behind them... I just hope this doesn't become some sort of unplanned money drain.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

I am oddly bothered by the fact that TransLink is now selling consumer goods... I mean... We're not like the transit agencies of London or NYC that have tons of history or design cues behind them... I just hope this doesn't become some sort of unplanned money drain.

Edmonton has a 'City Store' that has transit goods / swag. And ETS has even less going for it than Vancouver. So yeah, go figure. I can't even imagine a tourist to Edmonton having such a great time on transit that they want to bend over backwards to purchase a souvenir !!!

I'll admit I bought the SkyTrain. The shipping costs seemed weird but okay sure whatever. I was expecting it to come from New Westminster or close. Then I got the parcel tracking number. -_-

edit: Shipping is free on the $90 shower curtain though, lmao.

It's also weird as hell that a Buzzer Blog article, which normally gets like 0-3 comments has 96 as now now.

Someone should suggest that they do an E40LFR model :) after all they said that they're going to introduce more items later. 

I brought a pillow, towel and the two $35 skytrains, those are all going to my mom in Edmonton as a gift.

The free shipping to the depots for employees was only if you ordered before November 20th, not sure if you still can. The store was open earlier, only for employees. They asked us to refrain from telling the public till it officially opened to the public November 21st.  They also gave us a promo code for a 15% discount. 

• Like 1