Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

23 minutes ago, ThomasW97 said:

After its controversial elimination 14 days ago, the stop at Hastings and Carrall is back up and running with transit supervisors present on constant supervision

I rode a 14 Hastings today, and between ubc loop and the first stop (allison) the interior stop announcement sign displayed a scrolling message about that stop coming back into service, I had never seen that display read anything except stop names and the random debug and version info when the bus starts up (MID: xxxxxx) and all that. So that was kind of interesting. 

1 hour ago, jmward said:

I rode a 14 Hastings today, and between ubc loop and the first stop (allison) the interior stop announcement sign displayed a scrolling message about that stop coming back into service, I had never seen that display read anything except stop names and the random debug and version info when the bus starts up (MID: xxxxxx) and all that. So that was kind of interesting. 

They are starting to use it for public messages such as SkyTrain down or like this for stops being closed.

• Thanks 1

T/L alerts page, Heads up for Sunday the 24th:

From the start of service until 3pm, Expo Line trains will use one track in both directions at Main Street–Science World and Commercial-Broadway stations. All Expo Line trains will operate between Waterfront and King George stations. Expo service to Sapperton, Braid, Lougheed Town Centre and Production Way-University will be replaced with trains operating between New Westminster and VCC-Clark. Passengers from other stations on the Expo Line can change trains to this service at Commercial – Broadway, New Westminster and Columbia stations. Expo Line passengers should allow for 15-20 minutes extra travel time. Millennium Line will operate normally and Canada Line is unaffected by this work.

TLDR: Single tracking between main/Bway until 3pm, Special service between New West and VCC.

2 minutes ago, Stormscape said:

In case any of you were wondering, 9258 is still lacking the next stop display since it was last brought up a year ago. Announces the stops though.

Ha - friend of mine had that one this afternoon on 311 601 602. Not to mention, he says it drives pretty fast.

2 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Ha - friend of mine had that one this afternoon on 311 601 602. Not to mention, he says it drives pretty fast.

Funny that, I rode it this morning around 11.45am from Bridgeport to South Delta Exchange, and there was a driver change at Steveston Highway, maybe I saw him.

16 hours ago, Stormscape said:

Funny that, I rode it this morning around 11.45am from Bridgeport to South Delta Exchange, and there was a driver change at Steveston Highway, maybe I saw him.

He probably relieved that driver, because he had it from 4-7:30pm.

16 hours ago, Express691 said:

T/L alerts page, Heads up for Sunday the 24th:

TLDR: Single tracking between main/Bway until 3pm, Special service between New West and VCC.

Wanna bring this up again because the alerts page interface for mobile users has been updated.

https://m.translink.ca/en/Mobile Alerts

----------------------

311-312 is the first 300 series on Evergreen I've seen in a while (not to mention I came across 3 4-car 200 series Mk2s (instead of the normal 2) on Expo yesterday so I kinda knew something was up.)

------------------------

I just saw 9240 going south on Gaglardi Way from inside my 145.

20170920_142327(1)-1.thumb.jpg.eec2a08cfb0cb710eaa6656625d818bd.jpg

------------------

2271 was running late so it short turned at Joyce, where I saw it from a SkyTrain.

9 minutes ago, cleowin said:

12007 is now R12007.

Why would you post this?

I don't mean to be antagonizing, but the prefix doesn't change anything (they're not always an accurate reflection of the facility the buses belong to), and we know where all the 12000 series buses are right now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Citaro said:

Why would you post this?

I don't mean to be antagonizing, but the prefix doesn't change anything (they're not always an accurate reflection of the facility the buses belong to), and we know where all the 12000 series buses are right now.

First one ive seen that has had a R prefix since they got transferred

• Haha 1