Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

8 hours ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

Interesting block on t-comm.

http://tcomm.bustrainferry.com/mobile/block/b_1526524

There's also one similar to this one on Sunday night as well.

I got that 601 a few months ago, was surprised when it came from the 405. They've added more interlining between the typically orion routes and the non-orion routes recently

A couple of Novas are on the 95/145 today, despite the lack of snowfall. Possibly going to be a normal Sunday thing because there's fewer students taking it today? Or maybe it'll be like the 96 which occasionally just gets 40'ers for no reason that I'm aware of. Guess we'll see...

• Like 1

I wonder if TransLink is going to eventually phase out the Orion V from the 301, then transfer the buses that served the 301 to RTC to help RTC with the 351 improvements, because if they did the service improvements now, the 351 will get 7 minute frequencies during rush hour, so RTC would be using approx. 45-47 buses. So in a nutshell, RTC would be way short of Orion V, so they get the 301 buses and transfer them to RTC so RTC won't be short of buses.

45 minutes ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

I wonder if TransLink is going to eventually phase out the Orion V from the 301, then transfer the buses that served the 301 to RTC to help RTC with the 351 improvements, because if they did the service improvements now, the 351 will get 7 minute frequencies during rush hour, so RTC would be using approx. 45-47 buses. So in a nutshell, RTC would be way short of Orion V, so they get the 301 buses and transfer them to RTC so RTC won't be short of buses.

Maybe because the Orion Vs are not in production, they would get NovaBus suburbans. Anyone that quotes me, please move to Dream thread

52 minutes ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

For one, PCT is operating 12 Orions on line 555 where in previous sheets they were doing 10 orions same schedule same frequency. Im sure they can move 2 buses back to RTC.

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

For one, PCT is operating 12 Orions on line 555 where in previous sheets they were doing 10 orions same schedule same frequency. Im sure they can move 2 buses back to RTC.

Well, the service improvements are coming in, so PCTC will need those extra two buses.. Or what they could do is transfer all PCTC Orion V to RTC, then the 555 will be served by XN40. The 555 is already served by some XN40, so why not make all 555 served by XN40. Reason is because XN40 can fit 17 more people than an Orion V, so it would make more sense for the 555 considering how busy it gets during rush hour. Something has got to give, either the 301, 503, or 555 because RTC will use 10-13 more buses than now and will be short of buses when improvements come in.

I think the Orion V make sense for 35X, 555, 60X routes because they have long freeway portions along the route. But I think the suburban style seats but with two doors XD40 or XN40Ā make sense for 209, 210, 211, 301, 340Ā and 503 because they are long routes and most stay on local routes.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2017 at 0:46 AM, Express691 said:

A-Ā there is talk of increasing the 601 on weekends from every 30 minutes to every 20 minutes - forget if this was mentioned on the 10 year transit plan or not.

snip

It is!

601 - "Add more trips on Saturdays and Sundays so service runs every 20 minutes from morning to early evening."

620 - "Add more trips on weekday PM peak and weekends, during hours when buses are very crowded."

H14043 has aĀ rear door glitch that causes the alarm to go off for no apparent reason; this happened twice coming down Burnaby Mountain Parkway. While the issue appears to be resolvable from flicking a few switches, this does appear to be a stubborn bug (it took a few tries to finally get the door to close).

EDIT:Ā Check out the video I recorded on my toaster...

Ā 

15 minutes ago, Citaro said:

H14043 has aĀ rear door glitch that causes the alarm to go off for no apparent reason; this happened twice coming down Burnaby Mountain Parkway. While the issue appears to be resolvable from flicking a few switches, this does appear to be a stubborn bug (it took a few tries to finally get the door to close).

And I thought that this was an "old bus" problem as I encountered the same problem with 7212 yesterday.

I've been curious about run 13/106 (410, 430, C98) and I found this about it from an operator (Enviro500 who is no longer on here)

It's the leftover of the (403, 410, 480) AM run that existed some number of sheets back. The short turn to brighouse heading NB used to be a long run to UBC - Go north to Brighouse as a 410, run to Bridgeport as a 403, and then to UBC as a 480. It was the oddball run with the artic.

Now that it's interlined with all day 430s and morning C98s, no wonder it's always slammed down at (-10) when it transitions into its 430s. I was going to rely on it for school (KPU-R) - guess its back to the drawing boards for me. (301 is too squishy for my liking. I want my space)