Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

There currently waiting to get into the the STC Shops for repair. It takes time since there are times where there are tons of B.O buses waiting for repair and at other times every few. They shpuld be returning to service shortly.

7290 and 7294 are not at the STC. Either they are at the BTC undergoing repairs/refurb or at the OTC.

7290 and 7294 are not at the STC. Either they are at the BTC undergoing repairs/refurb or at the OTC.

Should be at BTC, didnt see them at OTC. Although, I would assume they are in need for major repairs or a rebuild, so as with the other 3 1998s, they might as well retire them. Just keep watch on them.

I checked my notes tonight and saw that the last time I was at BTC (Tuesday of last week), 7283 and 7294 were inside the Body shop; I suspect that they are still there. I last saw 7290 on March 18, though I cannot recall exactly where (likely the South fence).

For the record, an electric New Flyer Xcelsior will be visiting Translink and CMBC facilities until the end of the week, beginning tomorrow at BTC.

• 2 weeks later...

Current they use the backup battery instead of diesels buses.

Even though the parade has finished, the diesels have been booked on that index either way, so expect to see them until the end of the day. I'm sure Translink doesn't want another "Trolley gets stuck in the middle of Broadway after a failed u-turn" kind of thing on the media again.