Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

^ Alright thanks

And also when I was riding 8007 this afternoon I've noticed that behind the seat at the rear door there is this black box. Also another black box on the opposite site of the one on the seat and I'm wondering what this thing is. You can kinda see it in this video I recorded of 8007 this afternoon on my IPhone 5. Sorry that the video quality isn't that great but that's the best you can get from a iPhone and its also my very first video so yea, bare with me

And also when I was riding 8007 this afternoon I've noticed that behind the seat at the rear door there is this black box. Also another black box on the opposite site of the one on the seat and I'm wondering what this thing is. You can kinda see it in this video I recorded of 8007 this afternoon on my IPhone 5. Sorry that the video quality isn't that great but that's the best you can get from a iPhone and its also my very first video so yea, bare with me

It sounds like you're describing a passenger-counter; this is a common feature on newer buses, except that it is more inconspicuous. On newer vehicles, it's hidden above the door and does not protrude out the way these 'black boxes' do; I also noticed that they (the 'black boxes') come and go as they like to put them on different vehicles.

It sounds like you're describing a passenger-counter; this is a common feature on newer buses, except that it is more inconspicuous. On newer vehicles, it's hidden above the door and does not protrude out the way these 'black boxes' do; I also noticed that they (the 'black boxes') come and go as they like to put them on different vehicles.

Ohhh, so those are passenger counters, thanks.

So far the 2 most recent 430 from Brighouse leaving at 3:43pm on weekdays bus have had buses from what I call "Richmond-2" (The express buses). 8060 and 9239 both left Brighouse at the same time on the same type of day.

Maybe I should keep an eye out for today's 3:43 bus.

Well 9215 is currently doing that trip

My theory is that RTC currently has a bus shortage because of the mass retirement of D40LFs with nothing to cover for them - a typical shining example of TransLink's foresight. This run is one of the last ones to leave RTC for the PM peak, and likely they are scraping the bottom of the barrel by this time.