Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

Here a view of S8003 Damaged

S8003

S8003

Now looks like 8012 will return to STC to Place S8003 until S8003 returns to Service

In my opinion I think 8003 could be a write off because looking at the wheel well it looks like that part of the frame could be bent and any part of the frame of a bus that is damaged or deformed is most likely a right off. And also looking up top it could also very well be that the upper frame of that could be deformed as well. Just an opinion remember that. Incase you don't catch what I mean I tried doing a rough sketch on what I'm talking about.

image_01.png

(Credits to Alex Stormhall)

IDK, I think it might be written off as well, I mean... Compared to 8049, It has similar damage level in my opinion.

http://www.flickr.co...t-ePMpLM-8kMh7p

In my opinion I think 8003 could be a write off because looking at the wheel well it looks like that part of the frame could be bent and any part of the frame of a bus that is damaged or deformed is most likely a right off. And also looking up top it could also very well be that the upper frame of that could be deformed as well. Just an opinion remember that. Incase you don't catch what I mean I tried doing a rough sketch on what I'm talking about.

Here's the thing though, 8049 hit a support tower for the skytrain. If you look at the shape of the bumpers, 8049 is further in and its bent at a different angle. In theory, only the battery compartment needs to be straitened out. I guess we just wait and see.

- Bryan "Goggles"

I found this on a website yesterday. Its about two Regina Transit ex CATS LFS http://mcdougallbay....4-1CBAF6AE0885} the other one is http://mcdougallbay....AC-CC5C349E5F64 Does anyone else know about this??Are they the only two Novas to go like this? Also, does anyone know the buyer? I really don't want them to get scrapped.

I think you should ask in the USA subforums.

Based on the age of B8003, I don't think they will spend the money or time fixing it. I'm sure they have enough extras to cover one bus. It would be like spending $500 to repair damage on a car that's worth less than $100 due to age and mileage when you have a newer car that's in prefect working order and will last another 5 years.

Edit: Also need to consider what ICBC will say, they may not cover the cost of damage due to age of the bus. That would put the full cost of repair on CMBC. Timing is another consideration, ICBC could want the bus to stay like that for reference.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Based on the age of B8003, I don't think they will spend the money or time fixing it. I'm sure they have enough extras to cover one bus. It would be like spending $500 to repair damage on a car that's worth less than $100 due to age and mileage when you have a newer car that's in prefect working order and will last another 5 years.

Edit: Also need to consider what ICBC will say, they may not cover the cost of damage due to age of the bus. That would put the full cost of repair on CMBC. Timing is another consideration, ICBC could want the bus to stay like that for reference.

I don't know about Surrey, but Richmond apparently has NO extras. I have often driven by RTC during the rush hour and seen exactly zero buses on the tracks available as spares. During the rush hour, most, if not all, buses on the road bad ordered seem to be replaced with coaches going into the yard after doing a tripper.

Regards

Not Quite

You bring up a good point, RTC is no man's land during rush hour. But didn't Surrey transfer one or two artics out due to low demand on the 96? Maybe Burnaby has a few extras.

Yes, they did transfer 8012 back to BTC.