Central Fraser Valley

On 4/23/2022 at 7:58 PM, Busmanic92 said:

Someone using go makes the "bus" live location look green. 

But here is a link to a corporate document. 

https://pub-fvrd.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=17409

"As an example, the system will provide a heat map of what stops are used most, which will assist in future planning for bus shelters and new stops. Operators will see their routing and performance, whether or not they are running according to schedule."

This is insanely detailed data. Is any of it going to accessible to the public? I would love to see this data in Victoria, in particular.

It's one of the many features that the new system has the old one beat on. To elaborate, it has the ability to track and display where the doors open and close, where the wheelchair ramp was deployed, bus speed records, among other features. I doubt the data would be made very easily accessible, but I would imagine it would be possible through a FOI request.

Victoria isn't getting the new system until well after the current list of installations are over. We're talking probably half a year to a year out at the earliest, assuming no hiccups.

19 hours ago, ephrex said:

Victoria isn't getting the new system until well after the current list of installations are over. We're talking probably half a year to a year out at the earliest, assuming no hiccups.

I'll be insanely impressed if they get the system into all the networks they plan on installing it on. That is a big list. 

6 hours ago, InfiNorth said:

Is large screen a low-volume prototype/demonstrator?

They were provided by the AVL vendor as a "demo". Not sure if talks have progressed about procuring any more of those, but the feedback for those have been very positive so far.

I like the larger screen. Shows actual next stops in a list. Looks a lot like transit app. Has the time top right corner. Full route name top left. 

Smaller is mostly flash "stopping". Shows time when not in service mostly. And only shows one stop at a time

I like the big screen design with even more usb ports (usb 3) on back bottom

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

I like the larger screen. Shows actual next stops in a list. Looks a lot like transit app. Has the time top right corner. Full route name top left. 

Smaller is mostly flash "stopping". Shows time when not in service mostly. And only shows one stop at a time

I like the big screen design with even more usb ports (usb 3) on back bottom

One of my biggest gripes about the original generation of NextRide was the total lack of planning regarding red "stop requested" indicator lights on the buses. On some buses still, you have to look towards the back doors to see the mid-bus indicator because there is no indicator at the front of the bus - and this doesn't even mention the issue that half the little mickey-moused-in red indicator lights they put in are already burned out/don't work. 

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

Was 1190 supposed to get the smaller nextride screen? There are a few holes right on the sides of the screen. 

Under these screens there's more usb ports!!

FAFEAA5E-0F5F-46CE-8DD3-9203388D85DD.thumb.jpeg.a88ec011db5476c94c65c571f0eca35c.jpeg

I think some units got the smaller screens first then got switched over to the TV monitors

On 7/5/2022 at 9:49 PM, JS04 said:

EA1192CC-1AF8-4574-8C5B-56F3CBC514AD.thumb.jpeg.9ea4559e9afbf4546b34b43c9de592c1.jpeg

Found this online. Interesting they made a space for articulated buses maybe they’re planning on implementing them for CFV. Anyone know a timeline on when this would be done.

We've been told that construction start will be in 2023. not confirmed though

The Nova is mainly for covering breakdowns on the 66. BC Transit doesn't want the CNG buses used on the 66 for a variety of reasons including fuel. Bus can't be fueled in Chilliwack at this time. Also, not all the Chilliwack Full Time drivers have been trained on the CNG buses, so without that training they can't drive them. we've had to put the spare into service quite a few times unfortunately.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, JS04 said:

Why do you need separate bus passes for Fvx ($100) and Cfv ($42) plus a compass monthly pass just to commute to school in metro Vancouver? Can the Fvx and Cfv passes be combined?

The Fraser Valley Regional District wants their money, but also Abbotsford wants their money, but Abbotsford won't give enough money to combine 66 and CFV fares so...take the 21! Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2102 said:

The Fraser Valley Regional District wants their money, but also Abbotsford wants their money, but Abbotsford won't give enough money to combine 66 and CFV fares so...take the 21! Lol

My only choice, if only the 555 went highstreet 

On 9/28/2022 at 5:40 PM, JS04 said:

Why do you need separate bus passes for Fvx ($100) and Cfv ($42) plus a compass monthly pass just to commute to school in metro Vancouver? Can the Fvx and Cfv passes be combined?

Speaking of which... what happened to that mystical contactless cashless payment system we were supposed to get in 2022...? I take it that it's "delayed," just like the Victoria RapidBus that there is literally zero development on that was supposed to start operations a month ago.

20 hours ago, ephrex said:

Umo delayed to Spring 2023 for Victoria due to supply chain issues. Rapidbus deferred yet again due to workforce issues (The intention is to roll that out in Spring 2023 as well now)

Regarding RapidBus, I'm surprised we aren't seeing any infrastructure installation yet - departure boards, better shelters (both proposed in the plan but I'm not holding my breath), better bus priority space... 

As for Umo, are there any buses that have equipment onboard already for testing?

We have been advised that our new HandyDart units will be arriving in October. Now, bear in mind that these were originally supposed to arrive in the spring. and then the summer, and then September..... LOL

• Like 3