Central Fraser Valley

FVX expansion started today, with a surprising turnout for the first arrival at Lougheed Station this morning. An accident on Hwy 1 westbound had disrupted service for a while, but the increased layovers had absorbed a lot of the impact, and service has largely recovered by now. Things appear to be going well, all things considered.

6 minutes ago, Busmanic92 said:

Is there any way to merge Chilliwack and Abbotsford pages together? Drivers from both garages can sign to work in each. I know they are both two seperate systems. But looking at 66 I'm just thinking it's almost necessary to make that change?

NextRide 2.0 will naturally trigger the conversation on consolidating all Fraser Valley systems into one regional system publicly (it's effectively already integrated internally), so this may happen in the future.

1 hour ago, ephrex said:

Soft launch will not include public real time feeds like to transit app, but the expectation moving forward into full launch is that yes, that can be done.

Technically real time data has been available for a while in both Chilliwack and CFV, but BCT hasn't made that known publicly on their website because it's still very clearly being set up and tested. Still not every bus is online yet, let alone actually signed into a trip - CFV has had more progress on that front, with the first bus signed into a trip in Chilliwack only occurring this past Sunday on route 66, and on local Chilliwack routes on Monday. Even then there's a lot of incorrect trip IDs and logins for completely wrong trips, and so far only one Vicinity (3006) has appeared online at all. I'd be quite curious to know how that compares to onboard passenger info and announcements - if they're progressing at roughly the same pace or if the real time tracking is lagging behind for some reason or another

The announcements are being turned on while buses are still being installed. Data being pushed to transit app etc is to happen after all installations are done.

Chilliwack operators were not permitted to sign onto MDTs until Sunday due to the route renumbering. Installations are behind in Chilliwack compared to CFV, but that's not expected to impact full launch date at this time.

There are several vicinities installed with the new system, and 4225 and 4226 are in service.

BCT doesn't have a 3006 as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ephrex said:

The announcements are being turned on while buses are still being installed. Data being pushed to transit app etc is to happen after all installations are done.

Chilliwack operators were not permitted to sign onto MDTs until Sunday due to the route renumbering. Installations are behind in Chilliwack compared to CFV, but that's not expected to impact full launch date at this time.

There are several vicinities installed with the new system, and 4225 and 4226 are in service.

BCT doesn't have a 3006 as far as I'm aware.

3006 is for Agassiz. Not Chilliwack routes far as I'm aware. 

• Like 1

Ah I should have specified there aren't any Chilliwack vicinities I've seen in service online yet (including Agassiz/Harrison/Hope vehicles). From CFV, all of the 2020 CNG Vicinities except for 4230, 4231, and 4232 have signed in for at least on trip. However, no shuttles from CFV yet.

Makes sense that Chilliwack was delayed until the renumbering, especially if announcements and other public info is turned on at the same time as the online tracking, since that could directly impact passengers.

So far for Chilliwack Novas I've seen 9203, 9204, 9206, 9208, 9222, 9447, 9449, 9451, and 9478 signed into trips. 9202 and 9207 have also appeared online but not signed into any trips yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 10:32 PM, Busmanic92 said:

Is there any way to merge Chilliwack and Abbotsford pages together? Drivers from both garages can sign to work in each. I know they are both two seperate systems. But looking at 66 I'm just thinking it's almost necessary to make that change?

Actually, that's not entirely true. Operators that are full time, are locked to respective systems, thogh ethey can bid into other locations, they drop to the bottom of the seniority there. they can do OT at both though, if properly trained. Casuals are the ones that work both regularly.

3 hours ago, XN40G said:

new style of displays for 2.0 next ride, does the other 3, Lake Cowichan, Campbell River and Port Alberni have the same style or the same old nextride 1.0 display? 

The larger screens are exclusive to CFV, on the newest CNG buses. (Mostly the 12xx's)

Other 2.0 systems will be getting the same basic display as the CFV buses that didn't get the larger screens. (So different from 1.0)

15 hours ago, ephrex said:

The larger screens are exclusive to CFV, on the newest CNG buses. (Mostly the 12xx's)

Other 2.0 systems will be getting the same basic display as the CFV buses that didn't get the larger screens. (So different from 1.0)

So the other 2.0 next ride systems have the display like the novas from cfv.

do Lake Cowichan, Campbell River and Port Alberni also have the 2.0 voice on the buses

1 hour ago, XN40G said:

So the other 2.0 next ride systems have the display like the novas from cfv.

do Lake Cowichan, Campbell River and Port Alberni also have the 2.0 voice on the buses

yes, it's the same new system.

• 2 weeks later...