Been a while since I've been active in this thread, but does anyone know if 0233 is even an active running bus in Abbotsford, I've noticed for quite some time it's been listed on the wiki as Active, but I have never even seen it in service myself, and has been here since May of 2018...  I've only noticed 9072 as being like the only remaining dart running.  I've heard rumors as well from good sources that Abby may be getting a couple more D40LF's soon, not sure why but maybe replacement's for 9844, 9865 & 9869?  🤔  Sorry, but have been really lacking on fleet info lately..

Well I finally got a chance to ride 0233, I got it by pure luck yesterday on the 21, was really nice finally getting to ride it since it's been so elusive lol.  Does anyone know if 9072 is still around with it as the only other remaining dart?

Yes, 9072 is still active. Neither of them is used very often

2354,2365,2381,2397 and 2438 have been retired.

Several units were transferred from Nanaimo. I'll get the unit numbers when I can. I have not updated the Wiki

On 7/9/2020 at 11:22 PM, RZ350 said:

2354,2365,2381,2397 and 2438 have been retired.

Several units were transferred from Nanaimo. I'll get the unit numbers when I can. I have not updated the Wiki

Probably getting ready for the upcoming CNG Vicinity buses. 

1 hour ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Probably getting ready for the upcoming CNG Vicinity buses. 

That is incorrect. Nanaimo recently replaced their entire HandyDART fleet with 15 new high-floor cutaways; some of the newer Arboc buses would have been transferred to other communities to replace older equipment there, in order to keep each system standardized.

Since CFV doesn't use Arbocs for conventional service (outside of the Shopper's Shuttle in Mission), any upcoming Vicinity deliveries will replace any Darts still hanging around, and probably some D40LFs in order to be more efficient for lower-ridership runs. Another option is that the CNG Vicinity buses will replace the diesel Vicinity buses currently in the CFV fleet, which will get moved to another system.

Thanks @RZ350 for the update on Arboc retirements.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2020 at 10:11 AM, Articulated said:

That is incorrect. Nanaimo recently replaced their entire HandyDART fleet with 15 new high-floor cutaways; some of the newer Arboc buses would have been transferred to other communities to replace older equipment there, in order to keep each system standardized.

Since CFV doesn't use Arbocs for conventional service (outside of the Shopper's Shuttle in Mission), any upcoming Vicinity deliveries will replace any Darts still hanging around, and probably some D40LFs in order to be more efficient for lower-ridership runs. Another option is that the CNG Vicinity buses will replace the diesel Vicinity buses currently in the CFV fleet, which will get moved to another system.

Thanks @RZ350 for the update on Arboc retirements.

Well, you forgot the Auguston run, which is also Community, but essentially correct. Two of our Vicinities were actually Transferred out. We currently have a bunch of 98 series on the property as well. basically some of our better stuff has been transferred away in preparation for the Arrival of CNG Buses for the new Facility, which has been Delayed again until Mid November. Our Mechanics have been trained by Grand West on CNG Vicinity repairs so we are expecting to get those as well in the new facility. Assuming we ever move in.... LOL

Newest arrivals 4232 and 1187, our first CNG units for training purposes. we are  "Scheduled" to move into the new facility at the end of November. We'll see if that holds true.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 11:21 PM, RZ350 said:

Newest arrivals 4232 and 1187, our first CNG units for training purposes. we are  "Scheduled" to move into the new facility at the end of November. We'll see if that holds true.

Do you still have any Darts? 0233 in particular? 

What do you think of the Vicinity? We have 25 of the new little CNG's in Victoria. And does 1187 have the USB ports under the seats? Our 1186 does. 

On 10/16/2020 at 7:23 AM, Matt Dunlop said:

Do you still have any Darts? 0233 in particular? 

What do you think of the Vicinity? We have 25 of the new little CNG's in Victoria. And does 1187 have the USB ports under the seats? Our 1186 does. 

The Darts are still on the property, but not currently in use. Yes they have the USB ports. I haven't driven them yet, but I will be training on them soon. As a TS I almost never drive anymore.

• Like 1