Central Fraser Valley

• 1 month later...

I have a question here. 

Is there still plans to operate a bus to the Silverdale area? I remember plans at one point to run a bus from downtown and it would go along the Lougheed and make its way towards Silverdale and then come back running through local roads. The idea was to connect to where there was new development. I think the idea was it would run every couple of hours to start and eventually run more often depending on ridership. 

I personally have advocated for better transit in both Mission and east Maple Ridge. Currently the 701 operates some trips to Mission but they leave Haney Place and are express. I  have often thought that the two routes that service Ruskin and Whonnock areas could merge and operate to Mission via Silverdale and then it is serving more areas. If those routes merged and extended they could possibly run hourly and would really change the frequency of service in those areas. 

I also would like to have a bus going from Mission to Agassiz, as there would be connections to the bus to Harrison and Chilliwack as well as the bus that goes to Hope. Then with the 66 that connects Langley to Chilliwack you would have good connections for people on both sides of the Fraser River. It would also do well to boost ridership on the WCE and maybe help relieve some of the congestion on HWY 1 heading into Langley. 

On 6/17/2021 at 7:26 PM, brianc1981 said:

I have a question here. 

Is there still plans to operate a bus to the Silverdale area? I remember plans at one point to run a bus from downtown and it would go along the Lougheed and make its way towards Silverdale and then come back running through local roads. The idea was to connect to where there was new development. I think the idea was it would run every couple of hours to start and eventually run more often depending on ridership. 

I personally have advocated for better transit in both Mission and east Maple Ridge. Currently the 701 operates some trips to Mission but they leave Haney Place and are express. I  have often thought that the two routes that service Ruskin and Whonnock areas could merge and operate to Mission via Silverdale and then it is serving more areas. If those routes merged and extended they could possibly run hourly and would really change the frequency of service in those areas. 

I also would like to have a bus going from Mission to Agassiz, as there would be connections to the bus to Harrison and Chilliwack as well as the bus that goes to Hope. Then with the 66 that connects Langley to Chilliwack you would have good connections for people on both sides of the Fraser River. It would also do well to boost ridership on the WCE and maybe help relieve some of the congestion on HWY 1 heading into Langley. 

There may be plans for Silverdale service, but everything was held back thanks to Covid. Mixing routes from Translink and BC Transit is highly unlikely, as you cant simply transfer, and people hate paying twice. I can tell you that a bus from Mission to Agassiz, is in the long range plans, but it's unknown how far out that will be.

Th Silverdale area is part of the City of Mission (new, as it used to be district of Mission) and as such it would have to be served by BC Transit, the express bus 701 being the exception, as it replaces the old "Trainbus" service.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/2/2022 at 8:01 PM, captaintrolley said:

Wow, there is still a Red Robin??? They've all closed here in Edmonton. Even the one near me when I lived in Van had closed.

Ohh yes! It's right behind McDonald's on South fraser way. 

IHOP left long time ago but the sign is still there without a building.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 11:37 PM, ephrex said:

CFV system's NextRide will likely be turned on internally late this month depending how clean the data ends up being -- and public some time in April.

Internally, sometime next week, looking at Tuesday

23 hours ago, ephrex said:

It better be Monday or I am going to be very upset.

Not enough people trained I've been told. We shall see

I will say that the system is pretty amazing from the Operations side, and will be a great tool for us.

Well yeah public launch isn't until April. Internal MDT "dark mode" launch is next week. Was supposed to be Monday from what I recalled, unless that got changed recently

And yes, much much much better system than the NR1.0 system. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Busmanic92 said:

So i am riding 1191 and see nextride driver portal looking functional somewhat. But tablet (passenger display) is still off. I bet system will be starting this week

Expect the passenger display to be at least another week or two. Driver MDTs are first (officially next few days, but I think some operators are getting overeager ?), and only when all looks well with those does the passenger facing side turn on. Public GTFS/realtime feeds come after that part's all validated.

2 hours ago, RZ350 said:

Installs have gone well, but there's some issues getting units logged in properly. Some Blocks also not working, yet. Training is also still ongoing. Looking good, just minor hiccups to sort out.

It's been interesting watching the realtime GTFS data over the last few weeks. 1200 and 1201 from CFV and 9449 from Chilliwack have been around since February but haven't been signed into any trips. After the static GTFS data was updated recently to include the renumbered Chilliwack routes, more 2020 and 2021 XN40s began appearing with some signed into trips - not all have been seen yet but good progress has been made so far. Just in the last few days, 9206-8 have shown up in CFV but haven't signed into any trips yet, and 4229 was the first Vicinity to appear just earlier today. Over in Chilliwack a few more Novas including 9203, 9204, 9222, and 9451 have appeared, but still none of those buses have been signed into any trips yet. It's definitely exciting to see more stuff appear every day!

FVX expansion started today, with a surprising turnout for the first arrival at Lougheed Station this morning. An accident on Hwy 1 westbound had disrupted service for a while, but the increased layovers had absorbed a lot of the impact, and service has largely recovered by now. Things appear to be going well, all things considered.

6 minutes ago, Busmanic92 said:

Is there any way to merge Chilliwack and Abbotsford pages together? Drivers from both garages can sign to work in each. I know they are both two seperate systems. But looking at 66 I'm just thinking it's almost necessary to make that change?

NextRide 2.0 will naturally trigger the conversation on consolidating all Fraser Valley systems into one regional system publicly (it's effectively already integrated internally), so this may happen in the future.