Central Fraser Valley

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Probably getting ready for the upcoming CNG Vicinity buses. 

That is incorrect. Nanaimo recently replaced their entire HandyDART fleet with 15 new high-floor cutaways; some of the newer Arboc buses would have been transferred to other communities to replace older equipment there, in order to keep each system standardized.

Since CFV doesn't use Arbocs for conventional service (outside of the Shopper's Shuttle in Mission), any upcoming Vicinity deliveries will replace any Darts still hanging around, and probably some D40LFs in order to be more efficient for lower-ridership runs. Another option is that the CNG Vicinity buses will replace the diesel Vicinity buses currently in the CFV fleet, which will get moved to another system.

Thanks @RZ350 for the update on Arboc retirements.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 10:11 AM, Articulated said:

That is incorrect. Nanaimo recently replaced their entire HandyDART fleet with 15 new high-floor cutaways; some of the newer Arboc buses would have been transferred to other communities to replace older equipment there, in order to keep each system standardized.

Since CFV doesn't use Arbocs for conventional service (outside of the Shopper's Shuttle in Mission), any upcoming Vicinity deliveries will replace any Darts still hanging around, and probably some D40LFs in order to be more efficient for lower-ridership runs. Another option is that the CNG Vicinity buses will replace the diesel Vicinity buses currently in the CFV fleet, which will get moved to another system.

Thanks @RZ350 for the update on Arboc retirements.

Well, you forgot the Auguston run, which is also Community, but essentially correct. Two of our Vicinities were actually Transferred out. We currently have a bunch of 98 series on the property as well. basically some of our better stuff has been transferred away in preparation for the Arrival of CNG Buses for the new Facility, which has been Delayed again until Mid November. Our Mechanics have been trained by Grand West on CNG Vicinity repairs so we are expecting to get those as well in the new facility. Assuming we ever move in.... LOL

• 2 months later...
On 10/14/2020 at 11:21 PM, RZ350 said:

Newest arrivals 4232 and 1187, our first CNG units for training purposes. we are  "Scheduled" to move into the new facility at the end of November. We'll see if that holds true.

Do you still have any Darts? 0233 in particular? 

What do you think of the Vicinity? We have 25 of the new little CNG's in Victoria. And does 1187 have the USB ports under the seats? Our 1186 does. 

Newest arrivals 4232 and 1187, our first CNG units for training purposes. we are  "Scheduled" to move into the new facility at the end of November. We'll see if that holds true.

On 10/16/2020 at 7:23 AM, Matt Dunlop said:

Do you still have any Darts? 0233 in particular? 

What do you think of the Vicinity? We have 25 of the new little CNG's in Victoria. And does 1187 have the USB ports under the seats? Our 1186 does. 

The Darts are still on the property, but not currently in use. Yes they have the USB ports. I haven't driven them yet, but I will be training on them soon. As a TS I almost never drive anymore.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 2:10 PM, Orion6784 said:

When shall we expect to see the CNGs come into service?

Uncertain as of yet, three of the 98 series have been pulled and are in storage, several of the New buses have arrived, but there are still some issues with the fueling station. We've been told we'll have them by February 1, but I cannot confirm that at this time.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RZ350 said:

Interesting note, 1203 and 1204 are here in the yard, these are the first CNG Flyers I've seen that dont have the green wrap on the tail.

I was wondering when the green would go away, and they'd just become normal. Think this is an oversight, awaiting work, or the new normal?

17 hours ago, Dane said:

I was wondering when the green would go away, and they'd just become normal. Think this is an oversight, awaiting work, or the new normal?

They have the CNG sticker, so I think it's the new norm, we'll see when the rest of this group arrive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, InfiNorth said:

still haven't been on a CNG bus. I see them all the time in Victoria but I get left with a D40LF that sounds like it has missed a few oil changes. Maybe I should move to Abbotsford.

I haven’t been on one either, as I just watched them at the Exchange. I’m sure you’re joking about moving to Abby. There are so many XN40s in Victoria, and I’m sure you’ll be on one soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...