Edmonton Radial Railway Society

James

James has to use less sugar on his cheerios in the morning..he was bouncing around :);)
Haha that wasn't sugar. that was stress. My daughter had been a pain in the ass all day and was driving me crazy.. lol.

I guess you finally caught up to me Micro.. Been purposely trying to stay the invisible lol but it was nice to have you around on a trip there!

Haha that wasn't sugar. that was stress. My daughter had been a pain in the ass all day and was driving me crazy.. lol.

I guess you finally caught up to me Micro.. Been purposely trying to stay the invisible lol but it was nice to have you around on a trip there!

Why would you want to remain invisible ? Did you do something wrong ? ;)

• 4 weeks later...

A very wet day out this afternoon in Fort Edmonton Park. Gave 42 a bath out there!

On Canada Day we will have 2 cars on the high level bridge and 3-4 cars in Fort Edmonton Park. On July 2 there will be 2 cars on the bridge and 2 in the park...

And the good news is, I will be driving in FEP on July 1 and 2 in the afternoons on 42 as I GOT MY MOTORMAN'S PERMIT TODAY!! Passed my exam and i am now a qualified motorman!!

Things are going good for the ERRS Lately. We have a new motorman - myself, 2 more should be qualified this week with 2 more after that in the near future.

Canada day is coming and here's what we have

High Level Bridge: 2 Cars out both Canada Day and July 2nd. I'm not sure it it will be 601 and 930 or 601 and 247. Services should be from 11am till 6pm

Fort Edmonton Park: 3 cars on July 1. 24 (Starts 11am), 42 (Starts 10am) and 4612(Starts 1pm or so). I will be driving 42 in the pm from about 2pm till 615pm or so. On July 2nd 42 will be out for regular service. I will be driving it in the afternoon starting at 2pm again. 4612 is scheduled to make an appearance as an extra in the afternoon.

So come out and ride with us. New Members are always welcome also!

Canada Day Weekend Official Times and cars out

July 1

Fort Edmonton Park

10-18:00 - 42

11-17:30 - 24

13:00-17:30 - 4612

High Level

10-17:00 - 930

11-17:20ish - 601

July 2

Fort Edmonton Park

10-18:00 - 42

13-17:30ish - 4612

High Level

10-17:00 - 930

11-17:20ish - 601

I will be driving 42 after 14:00ish on both days in FEP. Come Visit!

All these times subject to change depending on how busy it will be. there is also an antique car show going on in Fort Edmonton Park July 1 so it should be extremly busy.

Both Days ETS Route 596 will be going down to FEP and the ZOO from the UofA on its sunday/holiday trips.. First one leaves UofA at about 11:05 i believe, last one leaving FEP at about 17:46 i believe. This is both Sunday and Monday

Also on a good note, thursday i start training on 4612!!! WOOHOO!

Here's my Streetcar pics from today (Canada Day 2007)

You know i just noticed that someone has been playing with the destination signs on 930... even though i took some shots of it today, i didnt notice till now.. the signs dont match up to the route number lol.

noticed that the canada flag wasnt on the side or the front of 601 like usual.

Fort Edmonton Park was not overly busy today as expected. 42, 24 and 4612 took good care of our passengers. i had a blast driving 42... unfortunatly kept having to wait longer because i tend to drive a little faster than others and 24 and 4612 couldnt keep up with my pace lol...

Gave me more breaks that way though!!

Can't wait to drive again tomorrow!

Well, 24 is slower than all the other cars at FEP. 4612 should have blown you both out of the water though, as it is the fastest car down there.

You know i just noticed that someone has been playing with the destination signs on 930... even though i took some shots of it today, i didnt notice till now.. the signs dont match up to the route number lol.

noticed that the canada flag wasnt on the side or the front of 601 like usual.

Fort Edmonton Park was not overly busy today as expected. 42, 24 and 4612 took good care of our passengers. i had a blast driving 42... unfortunatly kept having to wait longer because i tend to drive a little faster than others and 24 and 4612 couldnt keep up with my pace lol...

Gave me more breaks that way though!!

Can't wait to drive again tomorrow!

So after only 3 1/2 weeks or so as a motorman, i have just got trained on my second car. xTTC PCC 4612.. This has to be one of the nicest vehicles around. it is very smooth and enjoyable to drive. I get to drive it on Sunday night for a charter tooo so im looking forward to that!

So after only 3 1/2 weeks or so as a motorman, i have just got trained on my second car. xTTC PCC 4612.. This has to be one of the nicest vehicles around. it is very smooth and enjoyable to drive. I get to drive it on Sunday night for a charter tooo so im looking forward to that!

Excellent, James. Streetcars are fun to drive. I got some training on # 42 (very long ago) and then it was decided that motormen also have a valid class 5. So much for my short-lived motorman career. FEP is a pain to get to, and I work weekends now, but it was much fun while it lasted. I still enjoy being an ERRS member and supporting their cause.

I have heard that apparently 247 is having some problems? Anyone able to confirm that?
247 is fine. What the problem is that track 3 has no power right now due to an unfortunate small fire at the top of the door. So we have no way to bring 247 out except by hand. Originally 930 was in there but the guys worked hard to swap that around with 930 for the Canada Day weekend as we required the 2 bigger cars. So 930 is our main service car for now.

If i recall correctly, theres was some training tonight which would explain 930 out... that or it would have been a charter!

We changed the shoes on 930 today.. Been using brass shoes on it lately. It's our regular car for now.

Took 601 out for a test today... I just love driving that thing across the high level bridge. I let it out a bit and was going about 25 on the bridge on it... no probs at all heheh.. almost tempted to put it into paralel mode and really let it rip but didnt hehehe.

Drove 42 in the park today.. not a bad day... but its still warm.

Sunday night i have a charter in the park and i will be driving 4612. xedmonton 80 will also be out on that charter being driven by Barry B.

Drove my first time on xTTC PCC4612 tonight on a charter along with Barry B driving xEdmonton #80. I was told that if the pcc slides on the wet rails to just take it in and pull out xEdmonton 42.. but sure enough man oh man that thing drives like a gem. felt like i belonged there. I've drivin all active cars excelt for 24 and 80 and i have to say now my 2 favourites are 4612 and xHanover 601... don't know why i like the more modern cars so much but i do. the problem for me with 4612 is that it has 99 levels of speed and nothing to prevent you from using them except for the overhead and rails and man oh man there were times i just wanted to go go go lol.

Good storm tonight made fun driving. i have to say, every time i take my first shift out on a car so far, ive got busy with something.. first time was 42 with 750 passengers in 3 hours and now 4612 with a storm i couldn't barely see in front of me... Bring on the Fun!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well its been a busy little bit for the ERRS. On the HLB, we had lost 601 and 930 recently. Looks like the Invertor is gone on 601 and that were looking at an extensive amount of money to replace.

930 had a motor go bad on it. So we had to lift 930 up and pull the one set of trucks out and pull the motor out. Today we put the car back down on the trucks without the one motor and we did get her running quite nicely. 930 has 4 motors in it so right now we are running on 2. The bad motor needs to be rewound and inspected. unfortuanatly thats an extensive amount of money too.

So for the fringe starting on the 16th of this month, 930 will be the main car run during the fringe and 247 will be the extra. Make sure you come down and go for a later evening ride.

BTW We are still looking for new members and motormen for next year. We will train you, and qualify you. Yes its all volunteer but lots of fun. All you need to have is a Valid drivers license and be over 21. Both women and men are welcome and no you don't have to drive all the time. many of our motormen drive only a couple of shifts a month which is no more than 4 hours each day!

visit www.edmonton-radial-railway.ab.ca for more details!

Well i got trained on xTSR 24 tonight.

So im now trained on 24, 1/42 and 4612

Also for those interested, Global was up visiting our High Level Bridge service today for 3 hours and will have a bit on the 6pm news on this Friday!