Edmonton Radial Railway Society

James

• 3 years later...
On 4/29/2020 at 7:40 PM, captaintrolley said:

A CLRV would be nice to replace 601 that went back to Hanover Germany.

Even if they did, the CLRV would presumably be used in the park as it's only single ended.

48 minutes ago, Nico Sander said:

I wonder if an ALRV would work in the park. I know they’re big, but it would be nice for ERRS to have one.

There’s only two left. One retained by the TTC itself, the other by Halton county Radial Railway, so that ship has sailed long ago.

On 5/1/2020 at 1:30 AM, Nico Sander said:

I wonder if an ALRV would work in the park. I know they’re big, but it would be nice for ERRS to have one.

If a CLRV could work in the park, an ALRV could also work. Since 4612 works in the park the odds would have been good if ERRS did acquire an ALRV, it would work.

15 minutes ago, Tom1122 said:

If a CLRV could work in the park, an ALRV could also work. Since 4612 works in the park the odds would have been good if ERRS did acquire an ALRV, it would work.

I guess that’s true. An ALRV would have been cool if the majority weren’t scrapped but to be fair, they’ve got a lot of projects to do already.

10 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

10 hours ago, Nico Sander said:

I guess that’s true. An ALRV would have been cool if the majority weren’t scrapped but to be fair, they’ve got a lot of projects to do already.

True x2. Keep in mind 4612 is only used occasionally, with part of the reason being that it doesn't really "fit" in with the theme of the park. A CLRV/ALRV would be that much further out of place!

I suppose it would be a better fit for the High Level Line, but there they are limited to barn capacity and the current inability to run more than two cars at a time.

1 hour ago, T6H-5307N said:

I suppose it would be a better fit for the High Level Line, but there they are limited to barn capacity and the current inability to run more than two cars at a time.

Biggest problem is no turning loops. 

Barn capacity is fine since they have only 3 cars up there right now.

There was talk about being offered a second Melbourne car but I don't believe that has gone anywhere. Wouldn't be a bad thing to have the capacity... it would suck if they had 33 or 930 down and it was up to 247 to help haul passengers during the Fringe! Not a factor this year mind you. 

17 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

There was talk about being offered a second Melbourne car but I don't believe that has gone anywhere. Wouldn't be a bad thing to have the capacity... it would suck if they had 33 or 930 down and it was up to 247 to help haul passengers during the Fringe! Not a factor this year mind you. 

Indeed. Right now there is a notice on the ERRS website about postponing the start of service this year, so the system's operations in general might be very limited this summer.

2 hours ago, T6H-5307N said:

True x2. Keep in mind 4612 is only used occasionally, with part of the reason being that it doesn't really "fit" in with the theme of the park. A CLRV/ALRV would be that much further out of place!

They would to find a replacement truck for any Toronto streetcar as they are a different gauge.

2 minutes ago, Viafreak said:

They would to find a replacement truck for any Toronto streetcar as they are a different gauge.

They're regauged the PCC, and other museums are regauging CLRV trucks so that would be a minor concern.

On 5/3/2020 at 12:17 PM, T6H-5307N said:

Indeed. Right now there is a notice on the ERRS website about postponing the start of service this year, so the system's operations in general might be very limited this summer.

Not surprised, with K-Days being among numerous cancelled events across Canada 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...