JN HSR

OLD Hamilton Bus Terminal

I've been trying to find more information and/or photos of the old Hamilton Bus Terminal on Rebecca St in Hamilton, but can't seem to find much of anything on the internet about it. Anyone know where I can find it (perhaps at the library) or know any more information about it? When was it officially closed? What regional coaches used the station.

I've been trying to find more information and/or photos of the old Hamilton Bus Terminal on Rebecca St in Hamilton, but can't seem to find much of anything on the internet about it. Anyone know where I can find it (perhaps at the library) or know any more information about it? When was it officially closed? What regional coaches used the station.

I know way back when, (80's) GO TRANSIT operated train-meet service to Oakville, Toronto via Lakeshore local service, as well as Toronto via QEW Express.

CANADA COACH LINES later FUNTREK operated service to Niagara Falls, Guelph, Kitchener, Simcoe

GREYHOUND did the Brantford, Woodstock, London and Windsor portion

I am not sure if Grey Coach lines operated there, although they had an affiliation with Go Transit to some degree.

I do however remember as a youngster, Hamilton having a ZONE fare system on the Dundas and Burlington Routes. The route 53 at one time, ran from the Rebecca Terminal along Wilson St. to Sherman North to Cannon St. along that until it made a North on Kenilworth to Burlington St. Some trips ran an express to Burlington Go Stn or Downtown via the Skyway, some ran only to the Canal Bridge. A zone fare was charged for trips to Burlington

I know way back when, (80's) GO TRANSIT operated train-meet service to Oakville, Toronto via Lakeshore local service, as well as Toronto via QEW Express.

CANADA COACH LINES later FUNTREK operated service to Niagara Falls, Guelph, Kitchener, Simcoe

GREYHOUND did the Brantford, Woodstock, London and Windsor portion

I am not sure if Grey Coach lines operated there, although they had an affiliation with Go Transit to some degree.

I do however remember as a youngster, Hamilton having a ZONE fare system on the Dundas and Burlington Routes. The route 53 at one time, ran from the Rebecca Terminal along Wilson St. to Sherman North to Cannon St. along that until it made a North on Kenilworth to Burlington St. Some trips ran an express to Burlington Go Stn or Downtown via the Skyway, some ran only to the Canal Bridge. A zone fare was charged for trips to Burlington

Thanks. I was only a child for most of that and so I had limited ability to find out things like that. My mom didn't exactly let me wander downtown to the bus terminal when I was seven. I've seen a map from 1959 that shows the 'zone fares' here. I don't like the idea of having to pay an extra fare when the bus reaches a certain point. The initial fare should cover the entire trip on the bus. Anyway, not the point of this thread. :rolleyes: I wonder if there are any books about the history of transit in Southern Ontario.

Thanks for the information. It's really appreciated. :blink: