Peeves in everyday life...

Tranzit

On 1/18/2021 at 6:37 AM, captaintrolley said:

Ugh... people using NOISY leaf-blowers to clear a light skiff of snow at 0300-0400 hrs. Use a broom, it's much quieter. Now you've just woken up the whole neighborhood.

AGAIN.. Leafblower guy across the street clearing snow at 0330 hrs.  And it is WINDY AF out there right now, snow is gonna blow right back.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one that thinks that people have gotten stupid during this pandemic. Customers at work...

There isn't much I like about working at a grocery store. The only thing I am grateful for it is that it's a job that pays during a pandemic. I said I would quit when I got my old job back. Well I did get my old job back in November, but knowing that a pandemic doesn't go away overnight, I forced myself to stay. I often wonder if its really worth it. 

But I swear I think people have gotten more stupid. Bad enough that I work alone in a giant cold room (Dairy Department) where it's easy to go crazy with the isolation, customers clearly use there freaking MOUTHS over there brains. I sold out of 3.25% / Homo Milk in 4L Milk Jugs earlier because my boss underestimated the demand of them. Since I didn't want to be disturbed being asked if I had any left, I put two signs that I printed off saying SOLD OUT, will be available again tomorrow. In the span of a hour, I had a customer who kept asking if I had any left. I told him, read the sign. Had to tell him two or three times. Then, while speaking to one of the personal shoppers outside the cooler (I am allowed to mingle with coworkers on duty as long I get my work done), these two fucking teenagers kept shouting into the cooler. I should've just them scream there lungs out as no one is in the back until overnight aside for me. I found it amusing so I went up to them. They told me they wanted the milk I sold out. I said, read the damn signs. They said, they see it in the back, they see the red caps. Well, knowing that their wrong, I went in the back and pulled out what turned out to be Pink. 2% Milk. The look on their faces of defeat was amusing. DO PEOPLE THINK I'M THAT LAZY AT WORK? I always stock up my shelves and when things are sold out, put empty milk crates noting that I got ZERO yet people insist I'm either stupid, lazy or got some hiding in the back. I work 6 Days a week in that "prison" cell, I know what I got in stock.

There always the same announcements every 15 minutes over the intercom system repeating "A little kindness toward one another goes a long way". Bullshit, it doesn't exist. But it would be nice, TREAT THE PEOPLE WITH RESPECT WHO PUT THE FOOD ON THE SHELVES!  Kindness? Have about some mercy...

Another thing, that I am fed up with. Customers who complain when prices rises up. I tell people boldly, I JUST WORK HERE, I KEEP THE SHELVES STOCKED UP, HEAD OFFICES DOES THAT. Some customers feel bad after I make it clear to them. Well, I'm already annoyed, damage is already done. I am not going to take abuse. Sometimes I just walk away and do something else before I throw insults. It's difficult. 

I look back at 2020. 2021 sucks more, cause at least for the start of 2020, I felt joy for the first time and was living the dream with a new job and ambitions. Now I just live a routine of go to work and go home with a side of disdain. Well, I can only hope that things will return to a sort of normal where I can quit this job. Life is too short. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greatcoinz said:

I sold out of 3.25% / Homo Milk in 4L Milk Jugs earlier because my boss underestimated the demand of them. Since I didn't want to be disturbed being asked if I had any left, I put two signs that I printed off saying SOLD OUT,

Give them a 2L of 1% and a 2L of 2% and state emphatically " Here's 4L of 3%, enjoy !!! LOL

• Haha 2

I don't know about whether people have gotten nastier since the pandemic started, because my previous retail gigs were back room jobs where my interaction with the public was minimal. I don't really mind people being stupid, though, as long as they're not malicious about it. It's the bozos that scream at me, curse me when things don't go their way, and expect me to move heaven and earth for them that bother me more.

No, I'm not going to return your used toilet. No, I can't do anything about an item being out of stock. No, I can't do anything about our delivery drivers placing your delivery item in the wrong spot on the driveway, you have to call the delivery company. No, it's not my problem that we don't have an item that's been discontinued for 5 years. No, I can't do anything about the only person from the department you're looking for help with is on their lunch. No, I'm not going to give you advice about electrical wiring; call an electrician. No, it's not my concern that you don't remember your debit card PIN number*. And no amount of whining, threatening, or demands to see the manager is going to change a thing.

If I could send rude customers packing, instead of having to sit stand there and cater to their stupidity and entitlement, I would work one day a week for free. I will be inconsolable when they reopen us to the public.

* Yes, this really happened. It was on the eve of lockdown and some dude was trying to return something and it was worth a few hundred dollars. His purchase was on his debit card, and our system only allows us to return it to his debit card or put it on store credit - no cash, no other card, no nothing of the sort. He kept trying to input his PIN number and failed, so he asked me if I could give it to him as cash and told him I couldn't. He didn't want store credit as our store was about to close down, so he couldn't use it, and he demanded to speak to a manager, who thankfully told him that it's his responsibility, not ours, to know his PIN number and there was nothing that we could do. After much grumbling he accepted the store credit. This was a grown man.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Incompetent delivery people!! Every day when I go to check the mail I find at least one item that is for someone at a different address.

The most insulting one was when a delivery driver left us a laptop for someone else. The street number was correct... the actual street was several streets down.

?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 9:02 PM, PCC Guy said:

Incompetent delivery people!! Every day when I go to check the mail I find at least one item that is for someone at a different address.

The most insulting one was when a delivery driver left us a laptop for someone else. The street number was correct... the actual street was several streets down.

?

I've had that in the past I've gotten mail for another house with the same number. Always the same street whose name is not even close to my street's name. Fortuantely the street is a 3-4 blocks away. However since we got a community mailbox, I've put the letters in the mailbox which results in them presumably going to the right place as they are not in my mailbox again. That hasn't happened for awhile.

On a completely different topic, the Amber Alerts coming on my cell phone at 4:00 am. I am smart enough NOT to call 911 to complain. I did discover I can shut off Amber Alerts or other alerts which I did with the Amber Alerts.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2021 at 1:05 PM, Tom1122 said:

I've had that in the past I've gotten mail for another house with the same number. Always the same street whose name is not even close to my street's name. Fortuantely the street is a 3-4 blocks away. However since we got a community mailbox, I've put the letters in the mailbox which results in them presumably going to the right place as they are not in my mailbox again. That hasn't happened for awhile.

ive had this happen a couple of times with the PO box  my dad uses  for business stuff , normally i just hand to the people in the post office and they take care of it....

• 3 weeks later...

When a customer is paying for an item, and doesn't raise any objections/bring up any additional information that is pertinent for me to know until after the transaction has been completed. I had a customer who was buying something that was discounted but the ad wasn't in the system, so it charged him full price for it, and despite the fact that you can look at the pinpad and see the price of your items, he didn't make a stink until after the transaction was completed. I had to send him over to customer service to get the price adjustment since only transactions can be done at the registers.

58 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

When a customer is paying for an item, and doesn't raise any objections/bring up any additional information that is pertinent for me to know until after the transaction has been completed. I had a customer who was buying something that was discounted but the ad wasn't in the system, so it charged him full price for it, and despite the fact that you can look at the pinpad and see the price of your items, he didn't make a stink until after the transaction was completed. I had to send him over to customer service to get the price adjustment since only transactions can be done at the registers.

It’s Friday, and right now that’s very important.

When there's a tray of custard filled donuts/bismarcks with a vanilla creme filled donut/bismarck tag in front. If you don't have the vanilla creme filled ones today, just pull the tag out! I pretty much expect those 'creme' donuts to be custard filled in most of the supermarket bakery displays. Granted the custard filled ones at my local go-to supermarket are just as delicious as their creme ones, but there is a difference.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 11:51 PM, captaintrolley said:

Ziploc packaging that doesn't want to seal properly.. aaarrrgggghhhh..

Oh yes.  The fight to get them closed is only half of it.  When they decide to start separating and start opening back up on their own is a real pain.

There's been times I've opened the door and discovered that I've been marinading the inside of the fridge as well as the food in the bag.

• Like 1

Room mates that never get off the phone. I have a phone message waiting for me and I can't retrieve it until she gets off the blasted phone. She's been on two hours already. Why can't people just say what's important and get off the phone? I never could understand the allure of lengthy conversations.

3 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Room mates that never get off the phone. I have a phone message waiting for me and I can't retrieve it until she gets off the blasted phone. She's been on two hours already. Why can't people just say what's important and get off the phone? I never could understand the allure of lengthy conversations.

Reminds me of the one regular passenger who always has her phone conversation while on-board the bus. Especially you could hear it halfway across the bus.

Or those that video call their friends. Especially if they get too distracted and miss their stop or board the wrong bus. Maybe those people should message either via text or social media. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"I am not a robot" exercises on websites that require you to identify objects in photos, and when you're done, they ask you for more, and then again, until you've lost any desire to access the service / location that you were trying to get into in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

"I am not a robot" exercises on websites that require you to identify objects in photos, and when you're done, they ask you for more, and then again, until you've lost any desire to access the service / location that you were trying to get into in the first place.

This, and sometimes the photos are so bad, sometimes it looks like there may be a chimney / traffic light / motorcycle in the photo when in fact there isn't one. Or the other 'capchas' with the blurry numbers and letters. The uppercase B looks like the number 8 most of the time. ugh.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, captaintrolley said:

This, and sometimes the photos are so bad, sometimes it looks like there may be a chimney / traffic light / motorcycle in the photo when in fact there isn't one. Or the other 'capchas' with the blurry numbers and letters. The uppercase B looks like the number 8 most of the time. ugh.

I had this ordering parts for something a few months ago and ended up having a good laugh about with the sales guy.

Is it a B or an 8?

Is it a 1 an uppercase I or a lowercase l?

Is it an O or a 0?

Uppercase S or 5?

The actual problem came up when the guy asked if the products were going to be transported out of the United States at any time?  Yes, since I live in Canada but all that did was get me transferred to a Canadian sales rep who finished up the sale and everything came just fine.

• Like 3

On 7/27/2021 at 8:59 PM, PCC Guy said:

On 7/27/2021 at 9:04 PM, captaintrolley said:

On 7/27/2021 at 11:44 PM, Wayside Observer said:

I had this ordering parts for something a few months ago and ended up having a good laugh about with the sales guy.

Is it a B or an 8?

Is it a 1 an uppercase I or a lowercase l?

Is it an O or a 0?

Uppercase S or 5?

The actual problem came up when the guy asked if the products were going to be transported out of the United States at any time?  Yes, since I live in Canada but all that did was get me transferred to a Canadian sales rep who finished up the sale and everything came just fine.

119885765_327688492010403_2388124860452296593_n-2939996856.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Drivers who barrel into an intersection without checking for pedestrians or bicyclists, stopping only at the very edge to check for traffic. Was on my bike today, was almost hit by two such morons. One who was staring down into his lap until he suddenly looked up at the last moment and saw me inching slowly toward him, unsure of if he was going to stop or not. If this country actually did anything about the mountains and mountains of bozos who can't drive to save their life, we would solve all our issues with congestion.

People who spell "fucking" as "fucken". There is no excuse for this.

When the sky is overexposed in your photo, and you've managed to pull the highlights and blues way down to bring it back, but it comes at the expense of making wheelchair symbols, street signs, and blue advertising boards in your photo look like the night sky.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Drivers who barrel into an intersection without checking for pedestrians or bicyclists,

Drivers that are about to turn right, but are slowly turning and looking left for traffic but not looking right to see if there is a pedestrian in the crosswalk.

• Like 2

Current pet peeve right now. Having to deal with really hot temperatures especially if needing to go outside. Air conditioning being very important during the extremely humid days of 30°C to 40°C with the humidex. This is along with drinking plenty of water to keep hydrated since you lose a lot more fluids due to sweat. 

• Like 1