Charter Bus Lines of British Columbia

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Does anyone know if CBL has been selling off any of their older Prevost H3-40's? Thanks!

I don't know offhand, but I could find out pretty easily. There were a lot of CBLs doing my Gateway runs today and included were at least a couple of H3-40s. I actually rode on 807 two weeks ago from Canada Place Pier to YVR. Next time I talk to a CBL driver I'll see what I can find out.

I don't know offhand, but I could find out pretty easily. There were a lot of CBLs doing my Gateway runs today and included were at least a couple of H3-40s. I actually rode on 807 two weeks ago from Canada Place Pier to YVR. Next time I talk to a CBL driver I'll see what I can find out.

Oh ok! Thanks. I believe all the older Le Mirages are gone now from CBL's fleet as well. Can anyone comfirm?

I think the squamish one is an ex. BTT judging by the paint scheme. By the way, does anyone know many new style brand new Prevost H3-45s CBLBC have?

Definitely not ex-BT&T. The only H BT&T has ever had is ex PANorthern 125, and it is still in service.

Bruce

There are a bunch sitting at Luciak's yard but you probably already knew that.
Do you mean H3-40's?
The Squamish Coach Lines H3-40 here could be ex-CBLBC (headlight retrofit).
This is the reason why I had wondered where it came from. That was my suspicion.
Definitely not ex-BT&T. The only H BT&T has ever had is ex PANorthern 125, and it is still in service.
Oh ok. I had wondered of 125 was still operating with BT&T as I have not seen it around for quite some time. Is it still in that light blue metalic scheme like in my photo below?

banff125left.jpg

Do you mean H3-40's?This is the reason why I had wondered where it came from. That was my suspicion.Oh ok. I had wondered of 125 was still operating with BT&T as I have not seen it around for quite some time. Is it still in that light blue metalic scheme like in my photo below?

Indeed it is, atleast it was 2 years ago in summer of 2005 when I got a couple photos of it.

Funny you guys should mention Squamish #800 - I had that coach booked on a CPP-YVR run on my first day doing Gateway dispatch. If it is an ex-CBL, the giveaway would probably be the coach's interior. I checked my Gateway pictures to see if I took an interior shot of that Squamish bus but I didn't. The driver was this funny little Japanese guy who wanted to get going right away, despite the fact that the drivers with earlier spot times had priority over him. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Oh so you are saying that the Le Mirage XL's are still running for CBL?

There are a total of four Le Mirage XL's left in the CBL fleet. They are 702, 706, 707, and 708. They had been working out of Williams Lake on Mine contracts until the 102DL3's were operational. They are now being stored in the back of the Delta yard uninsured for the winter. They are for sale but I'm pretty sure they will work during the summer since there is never enough buses for the summer tourist season.

I have a photo of 708 near Lytton in early December I'll see if I can attach it. If not now then later after I figure out resizing it.

I think the squamish one is an ex. BTT judging by the paint scheme. By the way, does anyone know many new style brand new Prevost H3-45s CBLBC have?

There are 8 new style H345's in the CBL fleet. 923-926 were bought in 2006 and 927-930 were bought in 2007.

Does anyone know if CBL has been selling off any of their older Prevost H3-40's? Thanks!

3 H340's have been sold to date. 801 and 804 are now with Wilson's in Victoria and 813 is now with Farwest in Prince Rupert. There is another deal in the works but I'm not sure which coaches are in this deal.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone care to explain this? The driver said this is new, that there is a couple of them and apparently another one is running around with full CBL attire.

I thought I had mentioned this sometime ago but prior to leaving CBL, at the last drivers meeting I attended we were told that there were four 45 foot Van Hools on order. We were also told that three 35 foot ABC's were also on order. They have apparently been delivered late this year. Wayne usually likes his new buses to arrive at the beginning of May so that they are ready for the summer season. 611 is in CBL colours and is one of the 35 foot ABC's that has arrived.

I thought I had mentioned this sometime ago but prior to leaving CBL, at the last drivers meeting I attended we were told that there were four 45 foot Van Hools on order. We were also told that three 35 foot ABC's were also on order. They have apparently been delivered late this year. Wayne usually likes his new buses to arrive at the beginning of May so that they are ready for the summer season. 611 is in CBL colours and is one of the 35 foot ABC's that has arrived.

I had actually completely forgotten about that until Karl told me (acting on a tip from you I believe) that the 35 foot buses were Vanhool relatives, and that's when I remembered you saying something about CBL getting Vanhools. Then I saw 931 and the cat was out of the bag, so to speak.

And, it just so happens, 932 worked for me today! Behold:

cbl932ay2.jpg

And 612 is in full CBL attire now as well:

cbl612ip4.jpg

• Board Admin

Wonder if the VanHools are going to get that livery as well!

Guess those little coaches are 3035REs. http://www.abc-companies.com/models/3035REpg1.asp But who is the official manufacturer? VanHool or ABC Companies?

Google Search lists Champion as well. http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&clie...earch&meta=