Charter Bus Lines of British Columbia

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Wonder if the VanHools are going to get that livery as well!

They are, or at least, they're getting something very similar. 931 has it already. The only difference that I can recall between 931 and the ABCs is that the larger Vanhool is marked "Charter Bus Lines [of British Columbia]" in the older font, just like the Prevosts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A photo of CBL #54 before her rebuild. Not sure when the rebuild happened, but I have my own photos of how she looked after rebuild which I will post shortly.

http://www.taylornoonan.com/nextstop/PHP/p...lect.php?ID=111

Image captured by Michael Taylor-Noonan

EDIT: images of my images of CBL #54 taken in downtown Victoria are now included.

cbl54.jpg

cbl54a.jpg

How about this, Gang? CBL 933 arriving in Whistler Village. I caught this in mid September, around the 16-18th somewhere. I don't envy the driver on this run. He told me he was going from Victoria to Sun Peaks. Nice drive but I would prefer to do that in two days not one.

DSCN0584.JPG

I have added 34 new photos to my CBL Gallery on my website for those who are interested. http://www.busdrawings.com/coach/cbl/index.htm

NICE! I had no idea that Bob Marshall's bus was an old CBL!

Also, under your H3-45 section, for transmission details... #923-930 are equipped with ZF AStronic. There are also some H3-45s with manual transmissions, but I don't know for sure which ones... 908-910 for sure, but there are likely a few others. #918 is equipped with an Eaton Fuller automatic transmission.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Looks like CBL is trying to gain my attention with a shuttle :D Spotted 412, a brand new Ford Shuttle on First Ave. near Hwy 1 yesterday. It's complete with the chrome grill, new scheme, and comfy looking seats!

Sorry no photos as I just drove past it.

I passed this same little bus on the Sea-to-Sky Hwy last week. It took me a back a little to say the least. I thought they were going away from this kind of mini bus.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yesterday in Banff, I spotted the following CBL coaches and photographed most of them: 819 (Probably a Series 50 engine and it sounded like a manual transmission), 912, 915 (What's the story on that one? two rooftop motorhome style air conditioners on it), 925, 929, 931, 613. Also today, spotted #901 in Calgary. I will post some photos shortly.

Edited by MBTA9244-9640b

Yesterday in Banff, I spotted the following CBL coaches and photographed most of them: 819 (Probably a Series 50 engine and it sounded like a manual transmission), 912, 915 (What's the story on that one? two rooftop motorhome style air conditioners on it), 925, 929, 931, 613. Also today, spotted #901 in Calgary. I will post some photos shortly.

915 is a VIP coach of some sort, I know it has a non-traditional interior equipped with tables, probably power ports and a fridge as well (if PCL's conversion job on 3008 for the NDP election campaign charter was any indicator). I suspect the roof-mounted A/C was necessary due to equipment boxes under the floor of the bus to power all the gizmos on board.

I think 819 has a Series 60 engine, and yes it probably does have a manual tranny. The H3-40s have been gradually undergoing engine swaps over the past couple of years, and more recently some of them have been converted from manual to automatic transmission.

915 is a VIP coach of some sort, I know it has a non-traditional interior equipped with tables, probably power ports and a fridge as well (if PCL's conversion job on 3008 for the NDP election campaign charter was any indicator). I suspect the roof-mounted A/C was necessary due to equipment boxes under the floor of the bus to power all the gizmos on board.

I think 819 has a Series 60 engine, and yes it probably does have a manual tranny. The H3-40s have been gradually undergoing engine swaps over the past couple of years, and more recently some of them have been converted from manual to automatic transmission.

Thanks! However, I do not believe a Series 60 engine will fit into the H3-40 engine compartment and AFAIK, that was the reasoning for the redesign of the H3-40 to the H3-41 to allow for the Series 60 engine at the time. and back to the topic, here is an image of #915.

100709_3343cbl915.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I know some of CBL's H3-40's were repowered with Series 50's

Actually the H340's were repowered with Series 60's The XL's that were repowered got Series 50's. All the repowered XL`s are now working as Quick coaches.

NICE! I had no idea that Bob Marshall's bus was an old CBL!

Also, under your H3-45 section, for transmission details... #923-930 are equipped with ZF AStronic. There are also some H3-45s with manual transmissions, but I don't know for sure which ones... 908-910 for sure, but there are likely a few others. #918 is equipped with an Eaton Fuller automatic transmission.

CBL`s manual Transmission H345are 901-903, 905, & 907-913. 904 & 906 had ZF`s retrofitted. They were manuals when they joined the fleet. SOmeone got smart and designed a cup holder where the stick used to be on 904.

Actually the H340's were repowered with Series 60's The XL's that were repowered got Series 50's. All the repowered XL`s are now working as Quick coaches.

CBL`s manual Transmission H345are 901-903, 905, & 907-913. 904 & 906 had ZF`s retrofitted. They were manuals when they joined the fleet. SOmeone got smart and designed a cup holder where the stick used to be on 904.

And Bob Marshall`s bus wasn`t a CBL coach. He was tipped off to it by one of the owners.